Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Couple of mustangs vs RSX-S... plus more!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Couple of mustangs vs RSX-S... plus more!

ORIGINAL: SN95FoxII

So you beat a bunch of pretty much stock mustangs... I sure as hell would hope so with those mods. Not a bad car, I like them better than alot of other imports out there.
Lol looks like you registered here just to post that, which is very true.

Your taking a car with Im guess more than 5,000$ in it and lining up aganist bolt on/stock mustangs. All were saying here is line up that RSX with a 5.0 with half the money in it and see what happens.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:37 PM
SN95FoxII
2nd Gear Member

lol, ya I basically registered to say that, even though I have been coming to these forums for monthes, watching vids and listening to people talk. Guess I finally had to say my 0.02
Old 04-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

Yeah were trying to get more people to register, we have about 1200 people like you, lol.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I do like the looks of the rsx, 11:1 compression 100hp. per liter very impressive and a great feat at that. expecially for a naturally asperated engine. Also theres an RSX in my town that has an exhaust and it doesnt sound bad, its the high compression to thank. BUt it still its deep enough. but Not so often do I see a 5.0 naturally asperated making 500hp. But none the less its front wheel drive so I would never get one. Yeah put a turbo on that. Sure you'll make it faster and the car already weights 2800lbs. and your going against a stock cobra and slowly pulling ahead. Also you deffinitly cheated and hit it before that 03 cobra. He was at the same distance from you the whole way. So that cars 3700 lbs. vrs. your 2800lbs. lets see. a stock cobra with cat backs... mabye 410hp... thats 9 lbs for ever 1 horse power.... the same rate would make your car. 310hp. Not bad. But why start out with a small engine when you can start out with a larger engine. Buy a turbo kit for a cobra and you will be seeing 700hp easy.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Nevertheless it's a quick... car.

Personally it's ruined for me because of the local crowd in my area tossing some Cool Graphics and an muffler i can fit my leg into.
Never been a fan of how 4bangers sounded, but to each his own i guess.
And it did look like he jumped the gun on that cobra.
Before the vid ended the cobra was at his rear bumperish, until he decided to cut it short because of a speed limiter [:'(]
Old 04-04-2005, 09:22 PM
jelam
2nd Gear Member

i love the sound of the 4 bangers but i also love the sound of a v-8 and that car doesn't seem that bad
Old 04-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

Ive never liked the sound of a 4 banger, but I went to the local carclub the other night and there were 2 SRT4's there with boost controlers, dual exhaust etc. No fart cans anywhere, and they sounded really good IMO. I was very surprized, ill get some video next time I go.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:17 PM
88mustanglx
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JoeB18R

ORIGINAL: 88mustanglx

yeah to bad its an RSX-S though. I'd rather have a slower car then have a fast car that sounds like a giant bumble bee and looks gay ,thank you.

Said the owner of a maroon 1980s fox body? Oh zeh irony is stinging mine eyes!

I would have to say outside of the Mustang fan base the majority of people in the world would say the RSX looks better then your car.

But looks are completely subjective and therefore are irrelevant. Your myopic bias is at the heart of why people label mustang owners as elitist ******. Ergo, that was a really retarded statement.

edit:

While I agree a V8 sounds bad *** in its own right, turbo Honda engines don’t have that “bumblebee” sound, and the K20A2 in the RSX ha an awesome note bone stock. You aren’t very knowledgeable about these engines obviously, or you would know this. Way to talk about things that you don’t know about.
damn, he's just mad cause he owns a honda. I understand i would be to. i have yet. to hear a honda, or acura that sounds like a real engine and not a bumble bee.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:22 PM

I feel I must interject upon this here thread.

First off, I saw that vid on HT Joe, I thought about posting it but I knew that guys like 88mustang up there would get butthurt and find a way to insult the car without really even hearing it in the first place. Kinda funny don't you think?

Next up, Joe never insulted the Foxbody mustang, everyone who had some not so kind words for him should go back and read what he wrote. He simply stated that an RSX looks much nicer than a beat down 27 year old Foxbody with faded dark red paint. How can there be any arguement against that?

Now, while I am a fan of the Foxbody's myself, I would take a Type S over *HIS* car anyday. In fact, I turned down my chance at a dark greyish 89 5.0 for the sole reason that the paint was crap, (chipping, starting to rust under the rear driver window, etc) that and the door locks/heater/AC didn't work.

Joe, who was the guy that linked you over here from HT? I know that I didn't do it, who else from HT roams around this board?

Lastly, would every mustang owner on this board stop talking about sound like it REALLY matters. I've said this time and time again, who modify's their car for the SOUND of it? I would like to modify a Civic and a Mustang for the SPEED of it. It doesn't make sense when a bunch of guys see an Import walking all over a Cobra and TWO of "God's Engines" that the first thing that comes to their brain is "it sounds like crap, so it sucks!"

Old 04-04-2005, 10:22 PM
JoeB18R
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Aliate X

ORIGINAL: SN95FoxII

So you beat a bunch of pretty much stock mustangs... I sure as hell would hope so with those mods. Not a bad car, I like them better than alot of other imports out there.
Lol looks like you registered here just to post that, which is very true.

Your taking a car with Im guess more than 5,000$ in it and lining up aganist bolt on/stock mustangs. All were saying here is line up that RSX with a 5.0 with half the money in it and see what happens.

RSX = $24,000 + 5k = 29,000 dollars.

03 Cobra = $32,000.00 (if you could find one for that price. I remember them going for way over MSRP due to demand)

What am I missing here?

Quick Reply: Couple of mustangs vs RSX-S... plus more!