Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

To all those people who say TURBO's are RICE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 02:25 AM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: To all those people who say TURBO's are RICE!

on the turbo on small engine cars. I'm into Nitro RC cars (not so much right now), and they make a turbo and supercharger application for 2.5cc engine. Thats .0025L BTW. They are cool in my book
Old 05-28-2005, 03:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Obsol3te

ORIGINAL: FiveOhNo

and who said turbo's were rice?
What he said.
:withtheguywiththebadassfox:

Old 05-28-2005, 04:19 AM
FiveOhNo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

thats what my ****in point was ITS NOT HARD TO BUILD A TURBO HONDA. theirs a reason why people goto stand alone systems its called reliability. good for you and your CRX but im sorry i stick with my 2.0L comment and up. its a BIG waste of time trying to get power outta anything below that. reason being your all Top end and no bottom. plus i could spend less money on a Chevy 350 than you do on your Honda B16A or B18's and still kick your ***. if ya wanna talk about corners fine ill whip out my Turbo 2.3L mustang and kick your ***. go ahead call me ignorant or w/e but just remember you'll never win =P

oh also for your CRX you wasted alot of time and money on it. your 720cc injectors = waste, your T3/T4 turbo = waste come on its only running 8psi.... no tuning alright you just wasted alot of money GOOD FOR YOU.
oh...lemme guess...you say a turbo on anything below 2.0 b/c you have a 2.3 right? right, that makes a whole lot of sense. i wasted all of 1400 bucks on the turbo setup i have...man, i sure wish i hadn't done that. you have no logical reason that a turbo shouldn't be put on anything less than a 2.0 (maybe b/c it's a nice even number?) what's so bad about being all top end in a high revving application? i don't need power below 2k b/c i'm never there. only 8psi? wow, yeah...8psi does nothing, you're right... whip out your 2.3L mustang and kick my ***...hmmm...easy to type that isn't it?
Old 05-28-2005, 10:36 AM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

thats what my ****in point was ITS NOT HARD TO BUILD A TURBO HONDA. theirs a reason why people goto stand alone systems its called reliability. good for you and your CRX but im sorry i stick with my 2.0L comment and up. its a BIG waste of time trying to get power outta anything below that. reason being your all Top end and no bottom. plus i could spend less money on a Chevy 350 than you do on your Honda B16A or B18's and still kick your ***. if ya wanna talk about corners fine ill whip out my Turbo 2.3L mustang and kick your ***. go ahead call me ignorant or w/e but just remember you'll never win =P

oh also for your CRX you wasted alot of time and money on it. your 720cc injectors = waste, your T3/T4 turbo = waste come on its only running 8psi.... no tuning alright you just wasted alot of money GOOD FOR YOU.

oh...lemme guess...you say a turbo on anything below 2.0 b/c you have a 2.3 right? right, that makes a whole lot of sense. i wasted all of 1400 bucks on the turbo setup i have...man, i sure wish i hadn't done that. you have no logical reason that a turbo shouldn't be put on anything less than a 2.0 (maybe b/c it's a nice even number?) what's so bad about being all top end in a high revving application? i don't need power below 2k b/c i'm never there. only 8psi? wow, yeah...8psi does nothing, you're right...
whip out your 2.3L mustang and kick my ***...hmmm...easy to type that isn't it?

I agree i dont think ive evr seen a fast 2.3 liter mustang at the track.....In my eyes those things are a POS no offense G I Joe
Old 05-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

ORIGINAL: Obsol3te

and who said turbo's were rice?
What he said.
:withtheguywiththebadassfox:
Mwar har har
Go check out my latest addition in the 5.0 section
Old 05-29-2005, 10:25 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

*sigh* this is sad really... do some research guys.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Joe99es
I ♥ Acer

how about you do some research? there are turbo 1.8L I4's out there running 9's
Old 05-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Saleen 351.... Your deffinitly naive. You should just say "no one should turbo charge a four cylinder" but you cant say that because that would make you a hypocrite. An internal combustion engine, basicly works the same no matter what size the displacement. A form of turbo charging just increases the power output. Sure you can take a 350 and turbo charge that, but you can also take a small four cylinder which weights probably 1/3 the weight and make over 400hp and up. Then you can put that motor in a lotus, or s2000. keeping the weight down and the weight ratio close to 50/50. Instead of having a nose heaving chevy. Sometimes bigger isnt better. theres a reason champ cars use. turbocharged 2.6 liter v-8 motors instead of a turbocharged 5.8 liter v-8.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Oh sorry saleen 351. I didnt read your entire post. Sorry.... Your not the naive one!
Old 05-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I G Joe.... I suggest you research yourself. Before you make dumb comments. Your the naive one......

Quick Reply: To all those people who say TURBO's are RICE!