Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

5spd Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS from a dig

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:31 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

Default RE: 5spd Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS from a dig

ORIGINAL: BlackSVTsnake302

I would take the GT over that SS any day
that's just because you're not retarded seriously who wouldn't ? you gotta be one hell of a pop-tart to take a cobalier over a GT
Old 02-08-2006, 02:56 PM
breyton
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

that's just because you're not retarded seriously who wouldn't ? you gotta be one hell of a pop-tart to take a cobalier over a GT
Or you don't want to pay the insurance premiums or you are new to driving and don't want rear wheel drive. There are any number of reasons why one might choose the Cobalt SS over a Mustang. I for one would not take the SS over a Mustang but then I don't have to rely on my Cobra as a daily driver.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:47 PM
TT_Stang
2nd Gear Member

Yes because the Cobalt is such a superior car it's able to perform at the road racing level stock. Sh*t my wifes tiburon will out handle the cobalt and its a 4 cyl. Remember the driver is the "key factor" in road racing and dragracing!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:25 PM
dcohen
4th Gear Member

front wheel drive licks *****
Old 02-08-2006, 07:25 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: breyton

Or you don't want to pay the insurance premiums or you are new to driving and don't want rear wheel drive. There are any number of reasons why one might choose the Cobalt SS over a Mustang. I for one would not take the SS over a Mustang but then I don't have to rely on my Cobra as a daily driver.
i don't see where the problem would be even if you relied on it as a DD, even heavily modded i'm sure it's more reliable than any GM product... and yours is far from being heavily modded. i'm pretty sure the insurance would be very similar to a GT (not talking about a cobra here).
Old 02-08-2006, 08:13 PM
breyton
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: breyton

i don't see where the problem would be even if you relied on it as a DD, even heavily modded i'm sure it's more reliable than any GM product... and yours is far from being heavily modded. i'm pretty sure the insurance would be very similar to a GT (not talking about a cobra here).
I only brought my car up because, while not heavily modded, it has it's own issues that I would not want to deal with every day. My work has me out on the road for half the day and I have to get in a out a lot. Driving my Cobra, which is lowered, would do wonders for my bad back. God I must sound like an old man. I also have to watch speed bumps and driveways very closely. As far as reliability goes my Cobra has been pretty good other then a CD changer that jams occasionly and a drivers side power window that refuses to go up every once in a while. Both are common probems I've found. As far as GM reliabilty goes my parents were considereing a Cadilac SRX and I told them don't because of reliabilty and quality issues.

I still think most insurance companies would charge more for a Mustang GT because of the reputation they have. The Cobalt SS is a front drive econocar with a blower attached to it while the Mustang GT is V8 engined rear drive pony car. I think that's what they will look at. I could be wrong.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:03 PM
codyss

Wow thats the best driving I have ever seen.

Make sure that you base all Cobalt SS vs Mustang GT arguments on this video.

This is a prime example of what happens when a high school bitch races.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:07 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: codyss

Rofl the only cobalt vs GT video I have yet seen and it must be the driver.

Just accept facts that a cobalt is NOT gonna run a 14.0 stock. I think they are kinda neat (and I like the fact that at least GM and Dodge are fighting back the imports, HELLO FORD) but it still isn't gonna outurn a GT stock for stock.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Why the hell was the GT driver frying his street tires?

That's how the Crapbolt SS kept up in first gear.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:00 PM
BBKBadBoy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: codyss

Sounds like the same thing you did when you posted the video of the Cobalt SS vs. that auto gt from a roll, you were saying that you provided video and people still weren't believing that the Cobalt SS could beat the GT and now that ive found a video with a 5spd from a dig your complaining about the driver, go figure

Quick Reply: 5spd Mustang GT vs. Cobalt SS from a dig