New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just saying hello!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Bullet_GT

Default Just saying hello!

Hi all!

My name is Andy and I just bought my wife an O3 GT Auto with Bullit wheels over the weekend since she was less than satisfied with the performance of her O3 Eclipse GS. I hadve to admit that thing was a dog. It's been a number of years, but I used to own an SN95 that went 12.50's at 108 with basic bolt ons, slicks and the equivalent of a stock 95 Cobra motor (just used Cobra iron heads with a 3 angle valve job on stock cams and 1.72 rockers). I've had the pleasure of working as VP of Sales and Marketing for Roush Performance Products in the mid-late 90's when their Mustang program was nothing more than body kits and side exhausts (that was a hard sell) and I also ran MaxSpeed Motorsports in Ft. Lauderdale where we tuned imports and domestics. Those were the days!

I will admit that I'm also an avid import tuner but that I too can't stand the import guys who talk trash. I have a beautiful low 12 second Eclipse GSX that's a blast to drive, BUT I respect everyone for what they drive regardless of how fast it is. I was never crazy about the 99-04 Mustangs, but after having this thing in the garage for a few days, I never realized how much I missed the sensation of torque. Even the muscular look has grown on me. Our plans for the car are modest at best. I have a cold air intake going on today and I'll likely stick with simple intake and exhaust work and a set of lowering springs to give it a slighlty more agressive stance and handling. Once that's done, we'll do an ECU tune to add some timing advance and firm up the shifts as well as a set of underdrives to squeeze a bit more power. Overall, we're not looking for track times, but the ability to keep the car in beautiful condition for the next 15 years while bringing it to optimal driving condition. I'm just happy for my wife since the 03 suits her personality and she's in love with it.

I'm still learning about the 4.6, having come from the 5.0 ranks, but respect is surely mine to give and there's some very good information floating around here. I'll be racing the GSX and baselining the GT at Muncie Dragway in Albany, IN this season so I hope to see some of you there if you're local to the area.

Rock on!

Andy
Old 03-15-2006, 10:42 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Just saying hello!

Welcome! Sounds like you know a lot about mustangs, you'll be a good addition to the site!

And I'm glad you're coming around on the new edge stangs, I personally think they're some of the best looking ones.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Bullet_GT

Many thanks for the warm welcome. I'm new to the 4.6, but theory is theory and I hope I'll be able to offer some useful info while learning from the more experienced tuners here.

I agree, the newer generations just look tough and they've really grown on me.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:24 AM
Moparman87
3rd Gear Member

Hey Welcome to Mustangforums.com