New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member New Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 03:19 AM
nexusvox

Default New Member New Car

Hey everybody. I am a proud owner of a 2006 Mustang GT Premium, Automatic, Vista Blue

Took it to the track last week and best 1/4 mile was 14.408 .158 RT

Just ordered a C&L Cold Air Intake and SCTX 2 tuner. I'll post some pics and let you know how it goes.

Do these new Mustangs Rock or what? It makes me smile every time I think about it.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:24 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New Member New Car

Welcome to the forums! Let us know how your car responds to those mods
Old 03-31-2006, 04:39 PM
SoCalQT
2nd Gear Member

congrats on your stang.. you'll have fun with it
Old 04-02-2006, 02:05 PM
fast eddie
2nd Gear Member

Welcome Aboard!!
Old 04-02-2006, 02:22 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

you should get some DR's while your at it too.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forums
Old 04-09-2006, 03:33 AM
nexusvox

HOLY CRAP!

I put the C&L intake on and flashed the computer with the SCT 2 from Brenspeed. Now THAT is what I am talking about. The first few seconds after I started it and gave it a little rev I kinda cringed when a loud popping came out of the mufflers. I now think it was the quick adjusting of the car to the new settings and crazy air volume it now could breathe. It quickly settled into a new throatier growl... and I was backing out of the driveway. The second my foot hit the pedal she bolted for the horizon like a muscle car should. Imagine my delight as second came quickly and satisfyingly with tight chirp from the tires. Every stop light and stop sign somehow is now almost a delight. I cannot wait to get to the track, but the next races aren't until the 21st... I highly recommend this upgrade for anyone who wants to put a little wild stallion attitude in their stock pony.
I have only had the car for about a month now and I am so so so glad I got it. I cant say I was disappointed with the power of the stock setup, never having driven a car near as sweet as this before. But I do have to admit I expected it to behave much more like it does now. I guess they assume that if you bought an automatic you want to shift shoothly and won't be as likely to race. WRONG. When your weekend rocket is also your daily transport, and you live in a place like Phoenix, you do not want to have to work a clutch for 45 minutes in stop and go traffic. However it is quite acceptable to chill in your mustang and just let off the brake to roll forward now and then while people are checking out your sweet wheels.. hehehehe It is also nice to not be the guy who misses the shift to third and makes everyone including himself cringe at the horrendous clank and grind sounds ... as the auto in the other lane pulls away. Did I mention I love this car... especially with the C&L and SCT from brenspeed ? LOL I sound like a comercial. OK I have rambled way too much. Thanks to everyone who replied. This forum rocks. I will let you know what my track results are as soon as I can.

Your turn. What upgrades have you guys done lately ?
Old 04-09-2006, 03:35 AM
nexusvox

ps. what are DR's ?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:31 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

drag radials.
WELCOME TO THE BOARDS
Old 04-10-2006, 03:06 AM
nexusvox

AH. Thanks. I gotta catch up on the abbreviations. Whats a good replacement tire for 17" stock rim ? Or should I consider changing those too? This car will be my main transportation, so whats the best compromise for dual pupose ?

Quick Reply: New Member New Car