New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi...new member, GT damaged before we even put it in garage

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 06:47 AM
STANGLVR
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Hi...new member, GT damaged before we even put it in garage

Story brings tears to my eyes. I commend you for not killing the punks yourself. I probably wouldn't have been so strong. I feel your (and your wife's) pain.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:23 AM
smokerings

thanks for the welcome everyone

our saleseman was kind enough to have the vehicle detailed yesterday evening, and after seeing it I have to say I'm feeling a little better...the mrs. is going to drop by a local dealership today for an estimate...we are going to speak with an attorney who is a friend of her family to see if we can get some advice on the best way to proceed so that we all get a fair shake...

ripped...hey man, i know there are plenty of good people in your generation too, i can remember how it was!

--as for the mustang--my wife loves it! she has been getting nothing but compliments, she likes the solid feel, the rumble, the handling, everything...i'm stoked that she's so into it! persuading her to trade with me every few days is going to be harder than i anticipated[8D]

after having to leave my '89 GT for my dad when i wend off to school because i couldn't afford the comprehensive insurance, it feels good to be back in the club!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:27 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

Make sure whoever does it takes the front fender off of the car to paint it, and takes all the molding and trim off of the rear and does't just tape the trim off. depending on where the dent is they might be able to do a partial paint just to th body line. If anyone tells you they never done such a thing, they are rookie painters and you don't want them. I can do it with my eyes shut, and have only been painting for 8 years. My suggestion is to not go to a dealership unless someone there has been painting for atleast ten years. They usually wait to the last minute and then try to rush the job. I used to work at 4 dealerships, finally quit because they all were the same. And make sure YOU TELL THEM YOUR A PICKY S.O.B. That way they won't try to rush the job. Don't be afraid to take authority, EVEN IF THEY ARE BEING NICE. BE A *****. By the way, my car has body work all the way around and looks awesome.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:26 PM
TeeStang
3rd Gear Member

That really sucks, but at least you figured out who they are and they are paying for every cent. I cant imagine how pissed off you were, but you handled the situation great. Congrats on the new car and welcome.