New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 06:38 AM
verter2
2nd Gear Member

Default Hello from Germany

Hello everyone, and good morning from Germany. I can't tell you how glad I am to have found this forum. I seems like there are a lot of great people here. As I write this my 91 LX 5.0 convertible is streadily making it's way across the ocean to rejoin me here in Germany. Together we should be back in the States early next year after my wife comes back from her second tour in Iraq. A little about my car: it has a mostly stock 5.0 with MAC shorty headers BBK X-pipe w/ cats and a MAC after cat sys. she has a three core radiator with an electric fan. The AC has been removed as well as the clutch fan. I rebuilt the front end with urethane bushings and stainless steel braided brake lines and KYB struts. The AOD has a B&M hammer shifter and a TCI trans pak. The rear end has a rebuilt Ford traction loc w/ 3.73s. I have Battle Boxes, anti-roll bar and full length sub-frame connectors from Wild Rides Race cars, and adj. control arms from Steeda. When she gets here I plan to do a five lug conversion (having big problems coming up with the wheel/backspacing combo) as well as a deep sump trans pan. I plan to upgrade the audio of the car (speakers/amp), but nothing to powerful...I hate when people force their music on me. She is silver now but I plan to change the interior to black so I can paint the car chrome yellow (I think that is a hot color), or the new screaming yellow. She also have Corbeau seats (which I will have to change out for black leather Corbeau's). Except for a few other odds and ends that about it. Big plans for the future, but I have time to do it right, and now having found this forum, I thing getting the rights answers just got a lot easier. I look forward to talking with you.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:18 AM
SoCalQT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hello from Germany

good luck with your stang! and welcome to the forums
Old 05-15-2006, 04:38 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

welcome bro. check out the 5.0 sect.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:01 AM
White2000GT
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Where at in Germany are you? My girlfriend and I recently returned from a week long stay in Landstuhl where she had lasik surgery done. We've also been to Kitzingen for a weekend seminar with the University of Maryland. It was a fun time. Germany is a great place and I'm sure you will enjoy it. I wish you and your wife the best of luck and I especially wish her a safe return to you from Iraq.