New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My new GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 11:29 AM
V8O6

Default My new GT

Hi Everyone,

After years of dreaming about buying a late-model Mustang since the "old" redesign back in '94, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on a brand new 2006 Tungsten Grey GT premium. Got a solid deal from my local Ford dealer here in Ocala, Fla., and my car has most of the available options except 18-inch wheels (I like the 17 torque wheels better, anyway) and Shaker 1000 (Shaker 500 is fine with me).

I've been a lurker on these boards for a while now and wanted to say 'Thank You' to everyone for helping me better understand the 4.6 Mustang and make an informed purchase. Anyone looking to buy a Mustang would be wise to do what I did and soak up as much knowledge from y'all.

As a side note, while this is my first new Mustang, I've had a 1965 Coupe for a few years now. I love the classic look and the nostalgia of the whole thing, but I'm really excited to have a new and reliable daily driver with all the modern features. Now I have two Mustangs. What could be cooler than that? (I know -- Three Mustangs!)

Old 06-11-2006, 12:53 PM
MustangKC

Default RE: My new GT

Welcome to the forum. I just purchased my first Mustang a few weeks ago. Nothing quite like bringing it home for the first time!
Old 06-11-2006, 03:37 PM
mtbker29
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the group....post some pics when you get time.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:31 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome!