New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another new guy!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Bozz
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Another new guy!!

Yeah, I think I know the upper your talking about. I think its the BBK SSI or something like that. I was looking at something similar to what your talking about yesterday online.

I am a little torn as to what I want to do first now. I am also looking at a high performance camshaft. I love the way the 302 sounds with a good cam in it. I am still in the research mode right now.

As far as the heads go I know what to expect out of the GT40's. So I think I will stick with them. After getting all these things done I am sure I will need subframe connectors welded on to keep me from squirrling out.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Red6
2nd Gear Member

welcome!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:09 AM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Yes....definatley want to cam with the nice cam sound and the boost.

My neighbor (who is the parts manager at 5.0resto) had an ugly 5.0 lx green with the pizza cutter wheels (turbines I think they call them?) but when he started that car that cam sounded so awesome! And he had an aod (which I have and did not want) but he had the shift kit and rear gears and everytime I would be outside he would leave and chirp a 2nd for me!! RAH RAH.........

Sounded good though! Do you know if the Gt 40 heads will support a 303 cam? Do you have to change the rockers are valves? I have never done it and am wondering...........push rods?

I have the strut tower brace on mine and know I will need to reinforce when I start getting HP..........I am sure you know what needs to happen since you had 500 under the hood.......I amy ask your opinion on that...
Old 06-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Bozz
1st Gear Member

Yeah that was my old car. I only have about 250hp in this car so far. Only had is for about 2 months now, so still in the starting gate. I have only done minor things to this one so far, (air intake, computer,exhaust so forth and so on).

I had to take my last Mustang to the shop many times for tweaking above my knowledge. I should have just done a crate engine. It needed a whole mess of things changed out in that engine.

As far as the cam in this one, if I buy the cam I am going to get new rockers and valves at the same time. I will have to cunsult the car gods, because I don't know if it will need new pushrods or not. But if I go that far I will have forged pistons put in and get the car ready for a supercharger in the future. Beef it all up. I think the pushrods may depend on the cam I decide to buy. But again I will ask the guys at Maryland performance what they recommend. They are pretty good at steering myself and my friends in the right direction.

I didn't even think about the GT 40 heads and the Cam. So I will have to let them know what my plans are and see what they say. I learn something new everyday. I am glad you brought that question up. Probablly saved me some foot work down the road.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:42 AM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

You know what they will say....right.....you need to spend more $$$. and make it right! Stock spring and lifters usually never get the job done but if you stay fairly mellow you can get by. You the first time you shoot a rod throught the hood you will hear "i told you so".......

My buddy had a .289 crane in his f-150 (don't ask me why) and it had a nice lop to it and he stayed with stock heads and lifters. I don't think he was running the funny gas or anything and I think he only wanted his truck to sound cool so he acomplished his goal! But i think when you get past that RV cam (i hate that word) you have to start going to higher grade valve train..........

well I am going to let you do that first before I do.....................I am doing rearend in a few weeks and will let you know.

I heard the chip is awaste of time until you get some HPPPPPPP under the hood like 300 or more? The guy at the Texas Mustang place told me this (diablo chips) so I backed down. How is yours?

Old 06-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Bozz
1st Gear Member

I think your friend is right about the chip. Of course my first time around the block I swore I felt the difference, but after a couple of weeks of driving I think it was just wishful thinking. I don't really know if it has done anything or not. Plus it was a hand me down from another friend who recked his 95'.

I think you are right about the spend more money thing. I think they will tell me to replace everything. And I more than likely will just knod my head and spend more money. Wish I knew more. I at least try to sound like I do when I go in so I don't get spanked. Or I take a friend that actually does know what he's talking about. At least I can admit it.

Maybe I'll take the chip out until I have more horses and then see if it changes anything. I never heard that but I don't doubt it. I am not even sure what brand it is. So if I yank it I'll see if it has a branding on it. Just out of curiosity.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:54 AM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

I don't think the brand really matters anymore on the chip. The guy I spoke to said Diablo (means Devil in Spanish) wipptee........It can say "Donkey" chips as far as I am concerned as long as it has the right setings and its burned right. Super chips is another but you will not find many for 04' 05 Mustangs because the aftermarket crowb gets more out of external MODs.

I am putting H-pipe and gears when I get HER back.............I will let you know.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:25 AM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

welcome to mf.

AND

Show some pics of your car..
Old 07-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Bozz
1st Gear Member

I just bought a new digital camera. So I will have some pics on here soon.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:27 AM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Yea.I will have some of mine but its IN THE SHOP!! I still have that Donkey working on my AOD_E. Did have some good news though from my family member (Ford Tech) about my issue with it shifting too early. He says it is probably the "throttle pressure adjustment" and this guy probably does not have the tool to fix it?. So maybe I will get it back and let him look at it...........Freakin frustratin!!!!!!

I have looked in to the rear gears and will probably go with 4.10s since its not a DD driver. Looks like injectors are a little cheaper than I thought? 200.00-250.00? Still waiting to get her back to put on my long tubes and H-pipe..........

Quick Reply: Another new guy!!