New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:24 AM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default New to American Muscle

Well, I'm no stranger to the whole "tuner" scene, but I'm pretty new to "American muscle". I've been working on cars since I was about 14, and have always enjoyed it. I just recently purchased my first Mustang, a 2006 Vista Blue GT. I love the power and the torque, and am so far loving the car. I traded in a 96 Bronco Eddie Bauer, and my 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV show car (pictures below). Can't wait to start modding the 'Stang...

My old show car...

My new girl...
Old 07-07-2006, 12:37 AM
JenniferJ

Default RE: New to American Muscle

Gorgeous! I'm gettin a fever to upgrade it seems!
Old 07-07-2006, 12:41 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums and welcome to the stang family!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:19 AM
ipchay61
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT

Well, I'm no stranger to the whole "tuner" scene, but I'm pretty new to "American muscle". I've been working on cars since I was about 14, and have always enjoyed it. I just recently purchased my first Mustang, a 2006 Vista Blue GT. I love the power and the torque, and am so far loving the car. I traded in a 96 Bronco Eddie Bauer, and my 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV show car (pictures below). Can't wait to start modding the 'Stang...
My new girl...
Excellent color choice! Vista Blue is my favorite.

Chip in SC
Old 07-07-2006, 12:39 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I've been checking out this forum for a few days, and it seems like a good place. I don't see all the "newbie bashing" going on here for someone asking a question that's already been asked a thousand times. Seems like everyone pretty much gets along, and is fairly easy going. So thanks again, and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:47 PM
BeachStang04
4th Gear Member

This forum awesome when people do give you a hard time about noob bashing its honestly just for fun. Great looking car and welcome to the forum!!! Oh and one other thing, please dont make you mustang look like a "tuner" or the car shown above it!!! Not that the car above it dosent look clean, remember you own american muscle now not a "tuner"!!! good luck with the car and see you around the forums!!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:30 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

WELCOME!!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

nice, welcome!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:10 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BeachStang04

This forum awesome when people do give you a hard time about noob bashing its honestly just for fun. Great looking car and welcome to the forum!!! Oh and one other thing, please dont make you mustang look like a "tuner" or the car shown above it!!! Not that the car above it dosent look clean, remember you own american muscle now not a "tuner"!!! good luck with the car and see you around the forums!!

Oh, don't worry, I don't plan on going that extreme with the Mustang. That car was a lot of show, and a little go. It ran high 9's in the 1/8th mile, so it could holds it's own against other imports (could even beat a turboed Eclipse). But with the Mustang I want to keep it cleaner, and go a little more for "go." With almost twice as much hp as the Sentra, I already have a good start, but that's all it is, a start. I'll probably do the rally stripes, maybe lower it a little, and that'll be about it for the exterior. And I'll have lots of fun under the hood.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:17 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Beautiful car. Welcome d00d.

Quick Reply: New to American Muscle