New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Neeewwbbeee!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 07:22 PM
jeep93scl

Default Neeewwbbeee!!!

Hey every just wanted to introduce myself i have 2001 GT pretty much stock. Just put a steeda short shifter in and Cervinis stalker body kit. Looking to do some upgrades nothing major just get a better sound and a few more horses under the hood. i am having some wierd noises come from teh engine when i get on it. high pitch wine and it spudders when i push the pedal all the way down. Doesnt do it if i gradually push the pedal.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:47 PM
shifterdelux
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Neeewwbbeee!!!

Those are probably clutch/fly wheel noises. Welcome. I too have 01 GT, 5 speed, 24,000 miles. Better than yours.

Thumbs down on stalker body kit thought, and on steeda shifter. If I had the money Id got with cobra R body kit or saleen body kit, and I already have MGW shifter, the best one you can get.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:32 PM
jeep93scl

one thing i hate about the stalker body kit is the fact it says stalker in teh back on the rear bumper but other than that i love getting looks from people. I still need to do plenty of stuff to it. Theres just so much u can do its kind of overwhelming sometimes on where to start.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:58 AM
shifterdelux
2nd Gear Member

You gotta make a plan, otherwise you might end up putting too much into it. Write down what you want your car to do and go from there.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! If you have any tech questions, you can check out some of the info in our tech forum.