New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newb with a sad story, and questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 04:07 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Newb with a sad story, and questions

o lord....[sm=insomnia.gif]im so sorry

whats wierd is i had a dream similar to that last night. i take my 69 in to get an inspection or something and the dumbass employee take its out for a spin and BAM, hit by a truck, all my work gone, i feel for ya man
Old 01-08-2007, 10:57 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

screw it, call them up and tell them it's the last phone call they'll hear from you. the next one will be from your laywer, stating that they'll be going to court and paying for the full KBB of the car, full cost of all mods, loss of wages and all your laywer fees (maybe pain and suffering? you just described my biggest fear). if they don't respond, then to hell with it. take em through the ringer.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:43 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

This is appalling, it really sucks when you cant trust the people your take your car to. Maybe you wont have to sue, but a few letters from your attorney can do wonders, at least make them think you are going to sue. Sorry man.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Sue or look for a check, not returning your car. They will make out on the deal and won't suffer any losses.

BTW, just a little tid-bit - you got a little blessing by them wrecking the car. I know all about your cooling issues, you wouldn't have been able to fix it without a rebuild.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:37 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

I say you sue the crap outta them. Not only should they pay for your car but they should also pay for the emotional attachment. Especially because you just bought the car. I have a feeling its going to take a while but, in the end you will have a brand new term. and maybe own yourself a new shop.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ByPopularDemand

It sounds like you have no choice but to sue...Theres no way you should take a loss because those idiots wrecked your car
+1 you can always include court costs, lawyer fees, and mental anguish to your lawsuit. If they don't have the decency to admit their fault and and employee's negligence and take responsibility, then that's what the system is there for. If they won't be fair, make them cough up some extra $$$ and maybe they will learn.

If I was you I would dodged the cop and started beating anyone with a Lambs uniform on. I woulda gone absolutely Ape **** if someone wrecked my car. You are right, it was pure neglegence for a joyride in a customers car. Sue them, and then kill them in thier sleep. There's nothing more disgusting and enraging than a lack of respect for other peoples property.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:12 AM
L1NUX

Well... today's update...

I talked to the insurance adjuster, and they said they wanted receipts for the parts! Hahah! I was like, if you need proof, just LOOK under the hood. Anyways, JDaniels contacted me and might be able to dig up some receipts.

On the positive side, I'd had it with my rental, so I went out and bought an 07 Mustang GT. Hopefully it will not meet a similiar fate.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:30 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Nice choice!^
what color, 5 speed?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:53 AM
L1NUX

5 sp of course, and bright red. I will have to start modding it immediately. heh.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Save the receipts on the 07! BTW, you're not going to let Lambs work on this one are ya? [8D]

Quick Reply: Newb with a sad story, and questions