New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

im new here

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 04:00 PM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

Default RE: im new here

ha ha i appreciate the comments alot of people like mine for some reason i guess because it hasnt broken into the buick looking 70's model yet and has strayed from the first yrs a bit . whatever it is who knows. to tell you the truth my mustang really reminds me of a 69 camaro with diff tail lights ect. but thats what the body reminds me of. i might be thinking of a 70 camaro who knows anyway i hoped to work on her aa little bit but the weathers been terrible . freakin 50's in florida this month???
Old 06-06-2007, 12:51 AM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

well well well looks like its' been a while since i came on here huh well you guys i havent gotten the car on the road yet been really busy but been trying to work on her a little heres the 411 , i posted a assload of new pics on my cardomain so chack em out at the link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2560576or just look them up on there under 1970 ford mustang deadmanrob as the name. so far ive...
started her up and she sounded beautiful after i put the gas tank with the new sending unit in and reconnected it and thats when i found the huge fiasco with the battary well bout a week later i got a kensworth semi truck battary from my job and put it in it (talkin bout juice) went down and filled a 5 gallon gascan and tossed it up in the mustang . came back home filled her up leavin a lil in the can and tipped a lil in the carb and turned the key.............(drum rollin)............. after this many effing years cranked right up i was astonished but had to turn her back off cuz it was just WAAAAAAAAA like i was taken her down the strip.... what it was was the gas pedal stuck down so i lifted it and wd-40'd it and worked it till it wouldnt stick ... now i cranked it back up.........WAAAAAAAAAA...... ok what the fudge... the throttle cabel was stuck in.... ok a lil annoying so i just pulled it back out and wd-40'd it ( gods gift liquid wrench) . worked it and blam crunk her up again aid all you heard was a low roaring beautiful sound of blub blub blub blub sittin there . water was suckin beautifully circulatin and everything . so i came over and sat in the driver seat with the proudest grin and had to hear her talk to me so i gave her a little gas and reved her sexy *** a lil and she sounded like she was made for me . bout brought a tear to my eye . it was slingin all the debrea out of the crevises and everything like that so i turned her off . wellt hat was bout a week after my last post and only since then yesturday i started workin on her again finished the back and the passanger sides body work and ran out o grey primer so if you go look at the new pictures you will see i had a little fun with the black primer i think it looks cool for now ... ima need a new hood either way . the work on it is was ****work and it is slowly rotting so when i buy i new one ill probly get a nice fiberglass with built on hoodscoop or some **** . i havent decided yet . oh ha ha and 3 days before i started her up my friend came over with some black rostoleum and we painted my fan blade cuz the one my older brother got was red but over the time had faded to a pink fairy color . well i didnt mean to talk your eyes out but its been so long and i want to keep those who are interested updated as a few asked for. and a quick question who thinks this car would look slick as hell with lambo lift up doors .
Old 06-06-2007, 01:44 AM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

wow, thats one of the biggest posts ive ever seen
Old 06-06-2007, 01:47 AM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

ha ha i never ceise to amaze lmao
Old 06-06-2007, 02:06 AM
reaper620

hey man that is a sweet stang. I also own a 70 coupe. I was skeptical at first of the 70 but I really like them now it's nice to see you working on it to fix it up. I wish I could do the same but no money..
Old 06-06-2007, 04:56 AM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

man i am the poorest of poor trust me... goto like walkmart and they got little palmsanders i think they are called cybertech its a blue and yellow box they are 15 dollars and durable as hell . iver already sdone my fiances toyota cressida and my full mustang and my full 1990 suburban all by these 2 palmsanders lmao and they have works out so nicley . once u got that just by a can of primer here or there and buy the big sheets of sandpaper and cut them into 4 squares cheaper because the packs of big sheets in 4 's = alot more then buyin them already in little squares lemme know how yours is coming cuz im jsut doing things a couple dollars at a time cuttin corners left and right junkyards ect. id like to see your ride though
Old 06-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

That car looks bad a**!! I love the older mustangs! Once that car is completed, she is gonna be gorgeous! I cannot wait to see the end result. Good luck Rob, we are hereif you need us!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:24 PM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

i appreciate it i hope so and as well cannot wait to see the end result no matter how many lifetimes it takes. ha ha . well i gotta work but hopefully sunday i can get the floorboards in and take care of that spot on the top ofthe car once and for all . once thats done ima get the steering peice and the water pump. and somewhere along the line ima find 4 more tires for it ha ha.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:20 PM
reaper620

I wish a had pics but I don't have any right now. my stang is in wyoming and I am in tennesse and it will be awhile before I can get it. I wish I could do the body work myself but I will most likely have to bring it to a shop. if I know someone that can do it for me then I will probably do that. she isn't in too bad of a condition but where the rust is it is bad. the guy who owned it before me covered up alot off stuff too with spray paint and what not so I don't know exactly all the rust that's on it.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:23 AM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

if you goto a nice paint sections of walmart or a hardware store theres this **** in a spray can that you spray on and let sit for a fw mins then just run it str8 off to bare metal i dunno the name but keep an eye out . the cans like 5-8 bux a car but saves alot of time . i enjoy doin the work so i didnt bother with it. but i must say it still has alot of work to do but i think its a huge improvement since the ay i brought her home