New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie but not so

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 11:11 PM
maconga66

Default Newbie but not so

Hello all well Im not a newbie My brother and I have a 1965 Mustang my parents bought when they got married but I have the chance now to buy one that Ive really wanted Its a 1989 LX 5.0 White exterior Red Inside163000 miles the guy im getting it from is the original owner never been wrecked . 2000 bucks....deal or no deal ?
This would be a car that i would gradually upgrade so its not the primary mode of getting around for that i got the Ford Focus ZX3(which has been massivly upgraded JBA Head MBRB full stainless Hi Flow cat
17 Euro Wheels, FRRP Underdrive, Iceman intake K&N full Eibach suspension B&M shifter, blah blah blah ) I know its going to need some new stuff mainly the gaskets I can see it was dripping oil onto the exaust manifold so i guess that the valve cover leaking but what concernd me the most was the buildup of oil which has turned to greasegunk on the front near the front axle (leaking oil pan or front seal ?)
This guy who owns it i can tell he has taken careof it but it is his daily driver and it is almost 20 yrs old so it does have some wear and tear but we were talking for a good 20 mins and it sounded good smooth idle an no smoke out the tail like the old 89 Crown Vic-- NC State Police . Im not a toal Gearhead but i can turn a few wrenches, all the stuff on my Focus sans the suspension (I hate Springs under load) I did myself. I know that there are HUGE amounts of upgrade s available from Mild to wild I want this to be somewhat stock but you know a few tricks thown in in to have a some giddy up to it. How hard are they to work on? it loooks like there is plenty of room under the hood to get in there and under neath
what scars me is when i had the Crown vic and it needed a new oilpan gasket they were goig to have to lift out the motor due to the oilpan hanging over both sides of the front axel front and rear and i dont really want to get into any of that kind of crap. But the thing is It runs and it goes good so far .whats the first thing we should be doinggetting all the gaskets redone and any thing else id love to hear
Thanks Tim
a few pics
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...TheMustang.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/maconga/zx3.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ordAndFord.jpg
Old 05-26-2007, 12:54 AM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Newbie but not so

Welcome to the board, really like the 65. You will have fun with the 89, they are easy to work on, have tons of parts available and fun to drive.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:28 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Newbie but not so

Welcome to the forums Tim...what a great looking stang you got there...