New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Doing something for my Husband

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:24 PM
TKE88GT

Default Doing something for my Husband

Hi - This is all new to me - My husband's first love (and his current mistress) is his 1988 GT T-Top, unfortunaly she is sitting in the garage and hasn't been seriously driven in 5 years. I don't know much about the car other than it is actually a re-VINed 1987 - it is my understanding that Ford did not have an '88 T-Top in production but since Ford didn't want to lose the "money" on this car - they re-VINed them - all the production parts start with 87------ but the VIN is '88 - anyway Jeff is turning 40 this year and 5 years ago we had the engine re-built and now it is time to have his baby completely restored (I am trying to make this as short as possible) - He did Car Stereo Competition with it in the early '90's so there was ALOT of work done on this car - He would like to have restored to Factory (whatever that means excactly) and I am trying to at least find someone who will help me find someone who can do this - Most of the restorators I have spoken with only do "classic" cars - while this car offically will become a classic next year - I am hoping someone here will be able to guide me in the right direction - Thanks in advance. BTW - don't get me wrong - I love this car as well but she is his passion.......

TKE88GT's Girl!!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:54 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Doing something for my Husband

youre husband is one lucky guy to have a wife of such high calibre threr are restoration shop tghat just do mustangs .it might be helpful for you to tell us what part of the country you live. you really dont want to let it get to far from its coral
Old 06-11-2007, 06:29 PM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!! Glad to see another fox body here. You got a rare fox there. Glad to see it being restored.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: TKE88GT

Hi - This is all new to me - My husband's first love (and his current mistress) is his 1988 GT T-Top, unfortunaly she is sitting in the garage and hasn't been seriously driven in 5 years. I don't know much about the car other than it is actually a re-VINed 1987 - it is my understanding that Ford did not have an '88 T-Top in production but since Ford didn't want to lose the "money" on this car - they re-VINed them - all the production parts start with 87------ but the VIN is '88 - anyway Jeff is turning 40 this year and 5 years ago we had the engine re-built and now it is time to have his baby completely restored (I am trying to make this as short as possible) - He did Car Stereo Competition with it in the early '90's so there was ALOT of work done on this car - He would like to have restored to Factory (whatever that means excactly) and I am trying to at least find someone who will help me find someone who can do this - Most of the restorators I have spoken with only do "classic" cars - while this car offically will become a classic next year - I am hoping someone here will be able to guide me in the right direction - Thanks in advance. BTW - don't get me wrong - I love this car as well but she is his passion.......

TKE88GT's Girl!!!!
What part of the country are you in? Autoworks International in El Cajon/Santee, CA is Mustang restoration (all years) and fabrication. They've had several cars featured in Mustang magazines.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:48 PM
HellcatStang

on the right coast there is Body Perfect in Orlando and Don Barry's Classics in Jacksonville
Old 06-11-2007, 11:26 PM
TKE88GT

I am such a dink - sorry - We are located in the Eastern Panhandle of WV - bordering MD, VA and close to PA - What a great bunch of people you are - Thank you so much - Jeff will truly appreciate all my effort for his mistress!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:04 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. I am clueless on steering you in the right direction, but others here will do.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:09 PM
TKE88GT

Just Bumping to get noticed for help!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member