New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

looking for some help here

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Red02Stanger
1st Gear Member

Default looking for some help here

I've been a member on mustangforums for a while now, but I never seem to get a chance to go on it anymore. I've had my '02 GT for a year now and I've done some minor mods to it. For instance, I put on an SLP loudmouth cat-back, an MGW short-throw shifter, BBK 70mm throttle body and plenum, as well as a K&N cold air intake. I plan on finishing the exhaust (e.g. BBK ceramic coated long-tube headers, and BBK off road H-pipe) as well as put in Ford Racing 4.10 gears. Although I'm also considering a twin turbo system from Helion, or a Kenne Bell supercharger kit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Default RE: looking for some help here

if you want a turbo or charger, Hellion basically makes the best Turbo for stangs. Whipple makes the best Supercharger. They are both expensive. Hellion Turbo will go for about 5G's. The Whipple Supercharger will cost around 6.5G's.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Red02Stanger
1st Gear Member

I was comparing the whipple and the KB online and, granted both are biased, I haven't really heard too many good things about the whipple. I'll have to look into more.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Red02Stanger

go here
http://www.coloradocobras.com/whippl...e-is-best.html

keep in mind. Everyone has their opinion. That was mine. The first link is about the whipple. This next link gives a variety of explanations of the Available chargers that are decent on the market.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=25
Old 06-15-2007, 12:43 AM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!!