New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
rmr1923
1st Gear Member

Default New guy from Texas

Hi everyone, I'm new here and wanted to briefly introduce myself. I live in Lubbock, TX, and I own a 2002 Mustang GT. So far it has only minor mods, but after I graduate in May I'm going all-out with the car. But here are the mods I have right now:

3.73 gears;
JMS-tuned X-Calibrator 2 tuner;
Steeda cat-back exhaust (x-pipe with high-flow cats and headers are coming within the next month I hope);
BBK cold-air induction;
BBK upper plenum, 75mm throttle body;
also have a few cosmetic upgrades: a billet grille, Mach 1 chin spoiler, and Le Mans stripes

As you can see, all I've really done are minor upgrades to help it breathe easier. It's got 70,000 miles on it and I've babied it most of the time (only two trips to the drag strip, and I don't street race or flog the crap out of it on the street). Although it's running strong, sometime next year I hope to do a complete overhaul on the engine, putting a forged stroker bottom endin it, ported heads, some sort of aftermarket cams (I can't stand a smooth idle), and hopefully a supercharger some day (hence the forged rotating assembly). My previous engine building experience is with small block Chevys, I used to race circle track built my own dirt-track cars from the ground up and did all the engine work myself, but those were pre-emissions 350 Chevys, so I'm looking forward to diving into Ford's modular engine and learning as much as I can about it. My goal is 500 hp and a solid torque curve (I'm not attracted to peak figures, total area under the power and torque curves is what wins races), I guess we'll see how close I can get to that when the time comes
Old 06-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Default RE: New guy from Texas

Hi,

Welcome!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:15 PM
rocketrotary
2nd Gear Member

So what did it run at the strip when you did bring it? And post some pics.

Vic
Old 06-29-2007, 02:58 PM
rmr1923
1st Gear Member

i honestly don't remember what it ran. i took it to a 1/8 mile strip about a year after i got it, so it's been 4 years, and i doubt i could find the time slips now. at that time, the only changes i'd made were the cold-air induction, so it didn't run anything spectacular. i'm trying to figure out what i did with the pics i had of it, if i can't find them i'll go outside and take some this afternoon and post them.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:33 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Sounds like a great ride, welcome.