New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First time owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:17 AM
DG88

Default First time owner

I just bought a 88' 5 spd. mustang it is bone stock yet runs great. The guy sold it to me with 17 inch cobra Rs chrome. The car is speed density but looking to convert it to mass air flow. So far I have had a blast with it. It runs strong and the engine sounds strong, it does not bog or make any out of the ordinary noises. One problem the car does have which I knew about when i purchased it is that it does not turn on when i turn the key, the starter sounds like it does not catch the fly wheel, then at times it makes a loud grinding noise. I know its no the engine making the noise because when i push start it the car turns right on effortlessly. I dont know the seriousness of this problem but i am gonna factor out as much as i can on my own. The synchronizers in the tranny are also going out but i had already decided to drop another tranny in ( 5spd.) might drop in a cobra or tremmec or if anyone has a better idea feel free to let me know. I would really appreciate if any can steer me in the right direction on what to do about my starter flywheel situation. I have also just bought some TFS twisted wedge aluminum heads with aluminum crane roller rockers and all fully assembled also a GTP40 polished and ported intake (lower) and a aluminum drive shaft the installation will begin this weekend

Thanks and Regards
David in houston
Old 07-02-2007, 01:01 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: First time owner

Hi David! Welcome to the forums!!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:25 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: First time owner

welcome...