New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Farewell to my red baby...srt-10 viper truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Speedy911
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Farewell to my red baby...srt-10 viper truck

Welcome aboard!
:]
Old 08-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Agent Orange

thanks, Speedy.
thanks for welcoming me.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:53 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new Mustang. Post pics when you get her.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Agent Orange

thanks Badtz..
i will post them when i get delivery...this is going to be a long wait!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Agent Orange, about that license plate. My plate says GRABBER. I do not know if you can duplicate the name in a different state, I guess I beat you to the punch. HAHAHAH!!! I am happy for you though, it is a great car and a great color. These polished wheels do have a coating on them that are resistant to all four-seasons. I would just clean them with some maguires wheel cleaner and rinse. Other then that, you will be fine. I wanted to get HID's, but at my dealer there was no option. I am going to check into that though. Also, congrats on the Nitro, kind of a cool looking SUV.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Agent Orange

07grabber,
someone here in washington state already does have 'grabber', but i can get grabbr, just by dropping off the 'e'.
while i was with my sales guy looking up options, I asked him about the HID's. He kept telling me that they did not offer them with the gt's. So while he was getting an appraisal on my truck, i got a brochure...and low and behold under the gt section at the bottom of the page, it said hid optional for gt. so when the sales guy came back, i asked him again, are you sure? and said yep. then i showed him the brochure...he was surprised. he did say that he had not done much custom ordering for the 08's. so i will give him some slack for that, but yep you can get the HID's but you have to order the security system with it...and since i already did that, i asked the sales guy to add the HID's to the list. ohwife just got home...gotta go make an assault at the costco gas station with the Nitro...more gas please...yum
later

AO

I found my vehicle order confirmation form print out from the dealer.
the code to get the HID lamps...is 51H.
But you also have to order14Awhich is the active anti thft pkg,
The HID lampscost $525.00 retail, and dealer invoice it is $457.00. Sales guy told me that i will get those for cheaper than the 457.00...
hope the codes help so you don't have to run around and possibly argue the fact that you know someone on the site that got them..

AO.

do you get all kinds of looks when in the 'stang,,,it being orange and all?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:42 PM
fuller02gt

congrats and welcome, car is gonna look awesome! hope you enjoy her! i am a new mustang(02 gt) owner myself. enjoy!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

For the most part I do. Seeing as there are only about 3 Orange stangs in Chicago that I have seen, two being V6's, I do get a lot of attention. Most people comment on my car because of my exhaust, how loud it is, and my rims. You will get plenty of attention with any mustang, especially with those bright colors.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Agent Orange

thanks fuller02gt...i can't wait....even my co-workers are asking me..."Hey! where is that Mustang at?" I tell them it is still being "bornded" as they say on the Jerry springer show. I guess half the fun will be the wait..that is after I look back on this experience.
My last couple of vehicles, I had to wait 3 days for one...and a month for the srt-10.
Now this is the mother-of-all waits...8-10 weeks! oh well...I'll keep myself occupied..either work a little o.t. or get immersed in my xbox360....read a book...i'll have to be creative.

AgtOrng
Old 08-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Agent Orange

Grabber, do yo have the stock exhaust or did you change them out to MagnaFlows or similar?
the white 07 mustang that i test drove sounded good and throaty if standing outside of the car, but inside it was pretty sound proof-
well this week is just about done, 9 more weeks to go...or 7 mores weeks to go---since the sales guy did give a range of 8-10 wks.
i just got home from work..wifey will be home soon...going to to din-din.

AgntOrng

Quick Reply: Farewell to my red baby...srt-10 viper truck