New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Complete Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM
VonLuck

Default Complete Newbie!

Hey guys, my first post on these forums. I am planning on buying a 1966 Mustang but have little knowledge of cars. You may be wondering "then why are you buying a '66 Mustang?" Well I was always interested in getting a Classic Car and I know you can't go wrong with a 66 Mustang.

So any tips in searching for one? Price ranges? Things to watch out for?

If there's any information you can direct me to, I'd be very greatful!

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Complete Newbie!

Von, first, Welcome! Second, is there any particular color, trim level you are looking for, how used do you want the car to be? What kind of shape. are you able to rebuild the car or put some wrench time into yourself? If you have any more info on models you have been looking for, post some more info here, or head over to the Classics section. Those guys over there know there stuff.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:08 PM
VonLuck

No particular colour I guess. I don't know exactley what modelI'm looking for seeing as I know little to nothing about Mustangs. What models are there to choose from?I have no experience with cars, but would be willing to put some wrench time in as you say.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

well. if you are going to buy that year stang, you could get a GT350, a GT500, a fastaback, mach 1. All of these cars are fast. The fastest stang in that year is the GT500KR. That is a rare car to find. Depending on what kind of driver you are, if you like speed, moreso then handling. Do you just want to cruise. All of these will suit your need, it is just a matter of finding which one appeals to you the most. If anyhting, get the new GT500, or get the GT500Kr coming out in 08.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:07 PM
mnguy

Howdy!

I hope i am in the right place. If not I am sorry!

I use to own a mustang and am in the market for a new one (new used one).

IS therea good place to compare prices. And get a value? (kelly blue book i know of)

"35th Anniversary Ford Mustang GT Convertible. 57,XXX Miles. 4.6L V-8, Leather, Dual airbags, ABS, AC, PW, PL, 5-SPD,MACH Sound System" He wants 9500. Worth it, seems to be in nice shape.

Where can i find info? 35 anniversary mean anything?

Looks sweet. info?

feel free to hit me up thanks

have a great day
Old 08-08-2007, 03:28 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mnguy

Howdy!

I hope i am in the right place. If not I am sorry!

I use to own a mustang and am in the market for a new one (new used one).

IS therea good place to compare prices. And get a value? (kelly blue book i know of)

"35th Anniversary Ford Mustang GT Convertible. 57,XXX Miles. 4.6L V-8, Leather, Dual airbags, ABS, AC, PW, PL, 5-SPD,MACH Sound System" He wants 9500. Worth it, seems to be in nice shape.

Where can i find info? 35 anniversary mean anything?

Looks sweet. info?

feel free to hit me up thanks

have a great day
LOL, thread Hi-jacker! Go by NADA, the Kelly blue book is what Dealers use for trade ins.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:34 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Back to Von, Welcome to the board. One thing to look for in any classic car, are numbers. If you can find a car that has matching numbers, it will be worth more, both in re-sale and purchase price. If you dont care about those kind of particulars, then there are many classics out there that have newer engines and transmissions. Good luck with your search, and keep us posted!