New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new to you

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:48 AM
rylee7

Default new to you

Whats happening guys? I am new to the forum but, not new toThe Mustang. My first "stinger" was a 1967 Coupe w/ a 306ci and a 4spd, which wasrebuilt ground up by my father and I. We lost it along with a '68 coupe that had power everything and A/C. and another truck (brand to remain unmentioned) in a garage fire caused by lightning. Bummer Huh!!!

Well my current Stinger is a 1989 LX 5.0HO, it is white with grey cloth interior, Ford 1 1/2" Lowering Springs, Mega Bite Jr. Lower Control Arms, Ford Heavy Duty Uppers, Sub-Frame Connectors, Polyurathane Front Control Arm Bushings, Aluminum Driveshaft, World-Class T-5 w/ a Pro 5.0 Shifter, a SPEC Stage 1 Clutch, adjustable cable and aluminum quadrent, 3.73's in the stock rear-end, 16x8 Cobra R Wheels and Sumitomo Tires, Engine Mods consist of Crane Hi-6 Electronic Ignition, LX-92 Coil, carburetor Conversion, 650 Barry Grant Speed Demon Dbl. Pumper w/ Mechanical Secondary's, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Aeromotive Street/Strip External Electric Fuel pump, KRC Fuel Filter, -8N Fuel Lines and fittings all the way to the regulator which is a Barry Grant 4port, Sumped Fuel Tank, Heads are E7TE Ported and Bowls Blended w/ 1.7 Crane Cobra Rockers, Ford Racing B-Cam, BBK Equal Length Shorty Headers, H-Pipe, and Flowmasters w/ Dumps over the axel, 3core aluminum radiator and a Stainless Flex Fan, and that should get the majority of it. All the work was done by myself except for the rear gears and head work. One exceptional feature of my car is that is over 300,000 miles on the original bottom end w/ only new bearings @ 150,000 miles and believe it or not this thing doesn't smoke a lick and still had the factory cross-hatch in the cylinder walls when i had the heads off. I think i have spouted off enough and feel free to comment back at what you think about this "Stinger"
Old 08-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new to you

Welcome! Sorry to hear about that fire, that was a total shame to lose cars like those. That sounds like a very bad a** ride you have there. Are you able to post some pics up? Also, have you been able to run a dyno on your stang? How about track times?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:03 AM
rylee7

Well i haven't run this car at a track since the carb conversion, she is my DAILY driver approximatley 100 miles a day. But, i had run when it was EFI and the heads were in bad shape. With the Cobra intake and 190lph in tank fuel pump it ran 13.01 at 105mph. I have no pix as of yet but will work on it. It should be a little stronger now but you never can tell w/o a trip to the strip. With the amount of miles on this thing i really don't want to push my luck if you know what i mean. I do have to drive it everyday...

Anyway it was nice to "meet" ya... holla bak naw ya hear!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 PM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, its unfortunate you lost the cars in that fire, but it sounds like you have a nice ride now.