New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Mustang Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 04:38 PM
KawasakiMike9

Default Mustang Project

Well for all of you who have always wanted to build the perfect mustang I'm giving you the chance. Pretty much you guys tell me what to buy, I'll get it, and I'll keep you updated with pictures and times on how the cars doing.

Heres some of the stuff that I thought I would like, so please suggest, comment, and let me know what you think.

General:
I thought I'd start out with the basic 2005 Mustang GT manual, (so theres still plenty to spend on mods) unless you guys suggest something else.

Exterior:
Preferably black, maybe silver racing stripes.
I like the hood scoops so maybe a roush one.
I like the Steeda wing
Also I think I'm going to add the window scoops along with the side scoops
Neon lights underneath the car (i'll probably go with blue)
I'd also like to drop the car a few inches, so give me suggestions on that (should I just use a nice body kit?)

Interior:
Racing seats: either black and blue, black and red, or black and silver.
Dash trim kit (chrome)
Painted inside of the doors
Shaker 500 of course
Maybe a navigation screen in dash

Performance:
K&N CAI
I don't really know what to go with for gears, but I know I'll need them
Same for the exhaust (howerver I don't want something so you can't hear yourself think)
Cams - let me know
Heads - let me know
I think I'll go with the turbocharger, except I don't know which one to get
I know theres tons more of important mods so please post to let me know

Thanks for your help guys, and I can't wait to get started on this project!

Old 08-27-2007, 03:55 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Project

Welcome to the forums, I don't know a whole lot about the s197s, but from your list it sounds like you're headed in the right direction, only thing I saw that you might get flak for is the undercar neon, not usually used on stangs, but other than that everything else sounds like a good plan. I definitely like the turbo idea, and you're right there are quite a few out there so its hard to know which to go with.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Project

Welcome!!! From looking at your mod req. list, that is going to add up to being pretty pricey. I would say you are better off buying a Stage 3 Roush. They are about 50K. You geta supercharger, the upgraded suspension, brakes, gears, body kit, rims, lowering springs, the wing, exhaust, pulleys, intake, etc. Plus they come with a short throw manual. Now if you want to spend a lot of money and a lot of wrench time, here is what you can do.

Get 3.73 gears, so it is super aggressive off the line. Get a Hellion Turbo kit for the S197. They run about 6,500K or so. Get a Roush Exhaust, make sure you get the off-road, sounds awesome. Put some fat tires on, 285/35 is good. Depending on what rim size you get the second number will change, and also the width of the tire will change depending on the rim, whether it is a deepdish rim or not. Get a short throw, like a hurst shifter, denn'y driveshaft, get a hypertech tune, from roush, about 500 bucks. Does this help you at all?

PS~ What kind of Ninja do you have? (assuming you have one since your SN is Kawasaki)