New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy In NY

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 08:24 AM
lad30nyc
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New Guy In NY

I'm not trying to build a track monster cause that kind of stuff doesn't appeal to me, when I do get the car I would like it to be a little bit of both, something that i can drive(and by drive I mean blow the doors off most of the other cars around like mid 400hp range)when ever and something that will bring me home a nice trophy on a sunday afternoon
Old 08-31-2007, 08:38 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a good plan to me. Are you thinking forced induction?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:39 PM
lad30nyc
1st Gear Member

yea i would really like to do the vortec supercharger with the cdc shaker hood system. I was looking around the forum and i saw taco bill's page, he really has some great stuff and hopefully i will be able to put his knowledge to good use sooner then later!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:59 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueovalboy7

Thanks, luckily it was a California car, and even luckier that its been in my family's possession since '71 (second owners).

The Falcon is my sister's project car, had a 144 ci I6, but it upgraded to my old 200 ci I6 which was rebuilt and running a weber two bbl carb.
Is the Weber a sidedraft? Didn't think there would be enough clearance for the downdraft.

I always liked the Falcon Sprints (especially with the Paxton blowers)... LOL

Old school sleeper.

SOHC
Old 08-31-2007, 07:07 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lad30nyc

yea i would really like to do the vortec supercharger with the cdc shaker hood system. I was looking around the forum and i saw taco bill's page, he really has some great stuff and hopefully i will be able to put his knowledge to good use sooner then later!
Sounds like you have a nice project on the burner.

SOHC
Old 09-01-2007, 08:25 AM
lad30nyc
1st Gear Member

Yeah, its been on the burner for a while, I've been saving since high school and have been reading every tech forum and magazine to get a better idea for my future ride whenever I can. I hope to have it soon, probbly before the end of the year and then hopefully get to some local meets and meet up with some of the other local mustang crews.
My plan was to go with the Vortec S/C and the CDC Chaker and the classic style Chip Foose hood.
White with a black stripe coming up over the middle starting at the point thats on the hood and widen as it goes over the top and down the rear bumper, and paint the spoiler black as well kinda as like a Boss throwback look.
CDC Chin Spoiler
Wheels, brand wise I wasn't sure of yet, but they have to be 3 piece, black with a polished lip and polished bolts.
Brembo Big Bake Kit possibly, if it would work
Thats it for now, other hardware and parts would have to come as needed, meaning whatever i have to change to get better performance out of the S/C I would do, of course the exhaust will be done and the other usuals, pulleys and etc.
If anyone has any ideas or whatever please let me know.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:29 AM
lad30nyc
1st Gear Member

If anyone has any suggestions on suspension set ups that would also help, I can't seem to get an idea as to which ones are better then others.