New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Im in a pickle, I NEED YOUR INPUT!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Fustang

Default Im in a pickle, I NEED YOUR INPUT!

hey everyone! im a noobie, so i'll start off with Im mike fusco... i loved camaros as a young kid, but my first car after my 90 camaro RS from my dad) was a gorgeous 2004 sonic blue mustang i bought jan of '05 for $13,300 out the door, with only 19k miles (cd changer, spoiler, etc). I LOVED it...few custom touches, but nothing super bad @$$, ya know? (i.e. last names fusco, so i had a tail light sticker made for the 3rd brake light that glowed "The Fustang") I digress...

so, i totaled it this past july. fell asleep literally 30 seconds from my house at 1 in the morning, hit telephone pole and bounced off it and woke up. totaled. =( so.. now.. insurance gave me $13,000 for it even though i crashed it with 53,000 miles. (like i had a car for free basically). So now, I had decided to save a few months, stick out college commute with my camaro rs again, and wait til jan to try and get a great dealon an '05. love how they drive (though Ive only driven the 6, no GTs) and love the interior... but I only like the gt front bumpers... and i can get a 6 to be able to afford it, put my own dual exhaust and new bumper and stripes on, but that will cost as much as a gt eventually and still on be a 6.

my uncle found a 2004 gt convertible in competiton orange, black top, black leather mach 460 stereo, gorgeous car and condition, 59k miles. down to $13,900. should i buy that? if I hadnt crashed my car, i'd prolly have 59k by now after summer and if someone said "i'll trade your v6 coupe for this gt convertible, put in leather and still make it a head turning color- orange" i'd say YES!. but now that i can scrounge up about 14,500, do i try for a v6 mustang (being v6). uncle also found a couple sellin their weekend driver v6 2006 pony package convertible in vista blue metallic with only 20,000 miles.. they wanted 16k, but i could possibly knock them down.

what to do... what to do.

keeping in mind... i might just want that new camaro when it comes out... lol sry dont lynch me!

let me know.. i need help badly. im goin to drive and see both in person tomorrow. i need a sign.. thanks!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:21 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Im in a pickle, I NEED YOUR INPUT!

Welcome to the forums Mike, you are in a bit of a pickle, but not a bad one to be in. Simple response from me is get the vert gt, but I could make arguments for the S197 V6, it's just that you would want to modify it and eventually you would end up at the price of a new gt. I'd have to say since you're still in college right? Go for the vert gt, get started in whatever career you are pursuing, and then, go and get yourself a brand new gt or camaro (we don't hate you for it) in a few years. Also if you can post some pics of the cars you are looking at.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Fustang

yeah i'm gonna take a look at it and test drive today. I mean, i had the v6 2004, and loved it, and test drove 2 2005 v6s and was blown away. but yeah im 21... ive been lucky enough to have a camaro, a mustang, and now lookin for another mustang... Just not sure if a soon to be 4 year old car for 13 grand and 60k miles is a good investment.. but should def last me my next year and a half.

Anyone else happy with their v6? i just hate ppl bustin my chops for the "wussy" engine ya know... and i agree on my old but the '05 210 is pretty peppy. my dream one would be a refire gt, black interior with red leather, chrome bullit rims and silver stripes.

i just dont know.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:51 PM
mattofiesh
2nd Gear Member

i guess it just depends on what you want the car to be in the future. if you want a project car gt for sure, if you want gas milage and looks v6 wins.
good luck!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 PM
thinkpink2006

i drive an 06 v6 love love love it .. drove an 03 v6 b4 they definetly have more kick ...i would go for the newer car most definetly
Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

GT or nothing I say...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:46 PM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fustang

yeah i'm gonna take a look at it and test drive today. I mean, i had the v6 2004, and loved it, and test drove 2 2005 v6s and was blown away. but yeah im 21... ive been lucky enough to have a camaro, a mustang, and now lookin for another mustang... Just not sure if a soon to be 4 year old car for 13 grand and 60k miles is a good investment.. but should def last me my next year and a half.

Anyone else happy with their v6? i just hate ppl bustin my chops for the "wussy" engine ya know... and i agree on my old but the '05 210 is pretty peppy. my dream one would be a refire gt, black interior with red leather, chrome bullit rims and silver stripes.

i just dont know.
the 04GT definately, your acting like 50,000-60,000 miles is alot. I've seen 99 v6 and GT's with 150,000 and up. My sixer has 85,000 miles and drives like a charm. If you take care of your car it should last for many years.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Sarge_13
4th Gear Member

Just remember, a car is never a good investment!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Robbie1

04 GT Cov....$13,900? How can you consider a V6?

good luck
Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 PM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

I got a v6 and im quite pleased with it. There are some sixxers here that can embarrass the gt's...in the right hands of course. Alot of people underestimate the v6, in my opinion anyway. Theres nothing wrong with being in a six, I used to be like "oh ya i want a v8, give me a v8, v8 all the way" but when I test drove my six I fell in love with it. In fact just yesterday my "little wussy six" killed a GT/CS at a stop light, plus mine is still all stock. Anyways, a sixxer is not a bad choice.

Quick Reply: Im in a pickle, I NEED YOUR INPUT!