New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND READ THIS NOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Wonkavator

Default DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND READ THIS NOW!!!!

Ok, now that I have your attention, I'm new, my name's Mark, I live in PA and I'm in the market for a sweet mustang. Herein lies the problem. I really like the 99-04 bodystyle mustangs and feel they have alot of potential for performance/appearence modifications. I'm not a big fan of the fox bodies, but they're considerably cheaper than the 99-04 as everyone knows. So, do I go buy myself a 99-04 GT or buy a cheap fox and drop one of ford's new boss 302 blocks in it. I'm looking for a weekend ride, with plenty of power, but not a full on dragstrip car, must haves: manual trans, black/white exterior and black interior. What does everyone think I should do. I have plenty of mechanical experience and so do all of my drinking buddies so modification to either car is no object, I have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket (enoughto get rolling anyway)and I feel a pony in my driveway will put out that fire. Comments/opinions/ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND READ THIS NOW!!!!

U Funny man. Anyway, check out the cars for sale section, because I am clue..less..Welcome.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:38 PM
nocompetition04
3rd Gear Member

I would suggest a Cobra, why not? But def. a 99-04 nevertheless
Old 09-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Wonkavator

Yeah alot of my buds are trying to get me to buy a cobra, but I don't really like them. One of those "too expensive to abuse" kind of cars in my eyes. Plus, I had a cougar with IRS and frankly, never again. I posted the following in general tech:

"First, the 79-93 I would get one, redo the interior in black vinyl (like an oldschool muscle car), paint the body black, 15x8 magnum 500s, and maybe one of those new boss blocks from Ford. So basically having a modern take on a classic mustang.

For the 99-04, I'd basically do the same thing in terms of modern iteration of a classic, 17inch magnum 500s, heavily cammed motor, hurst shifter the whole 9.

What do you guys think I should do? Option A or option B? I wanna know what you guys think and what would be the better choice, The Car will not be a daily driver and will have really steep gears, basically a stoplight terror is what I want not an autocrosser or a 9 second drag car or any of that, just a decent performing street car with an oldschool vibe. Oh and just incase anyone brings this up, I'd buy oldschool but I'd be too paranoid it'd get boosted or messed with when I take it places."

The Cobra is a little too refined for my tastes, I'm more into muscle cars that handle terribly and have no end of "head through the rear glass" kind of acceleration. Ya know what I'm getting at?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:00 PM
PolozLX
1st Gear Member

VTEC. Option C
Old 09-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Wonkavator

No imports here brah, all american muscle, all the time.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Welcome! Go with a new GT500 Shelby and call it a day. Better Yet, go with a Roush Stage 3, get the S/C, and the handling package. Both cars are monsters. Good luck in your search!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
nocompetition04
3rd Gear Member

That would be sick, but if he doesn't want a cobra because it is too nice of a car, then I doubt that he's gonna want to get a newer stang...
Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
nocompetition04
3rd Gear Member

That would be sick, but if he doesn't want a cobra because it is too nice of a car, then I doubt that he's gonna want to get a newer stang...
Old 09-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Wonkavator

nocompetition has my number there. I don't particularly care for the 05+ body style (too bulky looking and I HATE the interior) and the Shelby GT500/Roush models are vastly out of my price range anyway. Thanks anyway on that one

Quick Reply: DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND READ THIS NOW!!!!