New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Which car to get

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Jaidon021

Default Which car to get

Hello everyone, I'm Drew, I'm currently 15. My question is I really don't know what vehicle to try to get. The reason I ask this is because I loved the Ford Mustang GT since I was the age of 4. But my brother was recently killed by a drunk driver and the drunk driver was driving the exact year/model/color that I want (( 2002 Ford Mustang GT black )) and I don't know if I really want to be in that car. I'm going back and forth on what I want to get. The only thing I know is I want a manual transmission and I can work on and beat the rich kids at my school that think they are skilled just because they can afford a faster car. I'm gonna try to get a motorcycle so I was thinking about a pickup truck which I like, but I really want to have a sports car. I already crossed out Chevy (( never really liked Chevy )) And Honda (( Doesn't have any cars I like )) and maybe Dodge because I can't afford any of their vehicles. I started to think about the Toyota Supra but they're so rare now it would be hard to find one. And I kinda ran out of choices that I can try to get. My parents already stated that they are willing to pay $15,000 on the vehicle. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciatived.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:08 PM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Which car to get

Sorry about your bro.....

anyways If you like the s197 look, you should get a v6 05 Mustang. It wont be terribly slower than an 02 GT. Or maybe an 04 v6(3.9 litre)...it is one litre bigger than the v6 models from 99-03(3.8 litre).So it is a little faster. I'm saying v6's because it seems like you wanna go fast. The v8 will get you into trouble.(speeding tickets,accidents etc.) I don't mean to insult you and i have only been driving three years, but with that said insurance for a mustang is high for the reason i just stated....accidents and tickets. trust me from experience. I have a 2000 v6 and i love it. Do whatever you want though.

Good luck
Old 10-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Jaidon021

Thanks, and thanks for the advice.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

Sorry about your bro.....

anyways If you like the s197 look, you should get a v6 05 Mustang. It wont be terribly slower than an 02 GT. Or maybe an 04 v6(3.9 litre)...it is one litre bigger than the v6 models from 99-03(3.8 litre).So it is a little faster. I'm saying v6's because it seems like you wanna go fast. The v8 will get you into trouble.(speeding tickets,accidents etc.) I don't mean to insult you and i have only been driving three years, but with that said insurance for a mustang is high for the reason i just stated....accidents and tickets. trust me from experience. I have a 2000 v6 and i love it. Do whatever you want though.

Good luck

Edited post.............only the bold is new.

Btw s197 mean 2005-2007 and up(2008) mustangs. Also the v6 from those years are 4.0 litre which is once again a little faste than previous years. And overall the s197s are better cars.(handling, acceleration, interior....etc.)
Old 10-10-2007, 08:34 PM
dafizuck
3rd Gear Member

I am a little bias... but you could look at a 96-98 Cobra. If you find a low mile and well kept one, it will be a little less than your price range. You could use the extra couple grand for some new parts and some rims. Just a suggestion. I too am sorry to hear your about your brother, but a Mustang is a great car. I wish you luck with what ever you get.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 AM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

I know how it goes, I lost 5 friends, so in like remembering and all, I picked up a 89, which is ganna be Cobra Cloned and equipped with a 306 Modular and all, lot's of fun things.

A Fox won't let you down if the image haunts you, but from my perspective, having a Cobra kill my friends here or there, it's the driver's fault, so why blame a nice car? It has done nothing wrong, and if anyone says anything you just say it's your favourite color, and reminds you of your brother every time you start her up.

My Jackie is like my daughter, I don't have a real daughter, but she does everything I ask of her, she won't start for anyone else enless I let her, it's damn near freaky\scary, but Mustangs are like this, they have killed people, but that's because they where driven to do so, not because the Mustang was flawed in itself.

The S197 era is beautiful, but not good for what your looking at, I'd go get that same style GT, make it for your brother, I think he'd be very upset if you gave up on your dream cuz something happened to him.