New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

HELP ME PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:08 PM
dblock

Default HELP ME PLEASE!!

hey guys i need help i have no idea what to do where to start or anyhing i just got a 03 mustang gt and i wanan make it fast and sound beautiful can you guys give me ideaS?

Old 10-09-2007, 11:54 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP ME PLEASE!!

first off, your a new owner [sm=happy046.gif]of an expensive Modular design motor that's gonna cost you dearly to enhance![sm=headbang.gif]You will need a Supercharger for easy bolt on performance. $3-4k, however they do sound bad *** with an exhaust![8D]They aren't like the push rod motors that can get 60hp by just changing the heads! Good luck with her.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 AM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

I'd invest in a good Driveline, like Clutch, Tranny, and then get a beefed up set of rods and cnc the block like thru DSS or something, then you will be ready to hit things hard.

Exhaust is a good neutral spot to start off with things, Cold Air intake, and underdrive pullies are others.

As for sound, it's all about what floats your boat.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:41 AM
REd_StAnG

Welcome,

Borla Stingers sound good.

Catbacks from Borla!!!

If you want to save money go with magnaflow or flowmaster. Either or they are not going to sound as good as borla.

BTW, post some pics!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Jono 02 stang

Welcome man,
I would go with a set of gears like 3.73 or 4.10 to start off and then get a programer like the Diablosport or SCT. This is a good way to start off if you don't have a lot of money to spare.Check out ebay.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:39 AM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Start with a Cold Air Intake, Tune and maybe a Throttle Body. They will provide great bang for the buck and not break the bank like a Super Charger will. Then maybe do headers/exhaust! All pretty simple stuff you could possibly do yourself and not to radical.

The Super Charger is awesome but you probably need to do alot more than just add the SuperCharger so you don't hurt things.