New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

G'day

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Aims66

Default G'day

Hi all,

Just a quick hello, i am just new to this forum (obvoiusly) and I thought i would introduce myself.

I'm from Sydney and although I dont own one at the moment, I would love a 66 vert, red classic mustang. That's my dream car! Here Hoping!

Hope to talk to you all soon.. i'm sure there's lots of fun to be had!

Aims
Old 02-25-2005, 10:08 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: G'day

Welcome to the forums. Have fun.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Hey Aims66
ORIGINAL: Aims66

Hi all,

Just a quick hello, i am just new to this forum (obvoiusly) and I thought i would introduce myself.

I'm from Sydney and although I dont own one at the moment, I would love a 66 vert, red classic mustang. That's my dream car! Here Hoping!

Hope to talk to you all soon.. i'm sure there's lots of fun to be had!

Aims
Welcome to the forums. Whats more affordable in your "zone" an 66, or the new retro 05. I love mine, and I have to say, it drives alot better than my dads 67 did, when I was a teenager.

Best of luck with your dream !!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:37 AM
95stangr

welcome from the motor city. home of the mustang,gt 40,thunderbird.hope you get that 66. would the steering be on the right side. could you find a good deal in your country? are there a lot of stangs over there?
Old 02-26-2005, 03:53 AM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

Welcome and enjoy
Old 02-26-2005, 04:25 AM
Aims66

ORIGINAL: 95stangr

welcome from the motor city. home of the mustang,gt 40,thunderbird.hope you get that 66. would the steering be on the right side. could you find a good deal in your country? are there a lot of stangs over there?
Yeah have found a few... the best was $49,000 converted to Right Hand drive, fully restored, even the right colour! But way out of the price range. I have found another one, for $14,500 but it needs a little TLC. But it is running and much more affordable. Now all i have to do is convince my husband!

Theres a few, not a huge amount, mostly classics.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:31 AM
Aims66

[/quote]
Welcome to the forums. Whats more affordable in your "zone" an 66, or the new retro 05. I love mine, and I have to say, it drives alot better than my dads 67 did, when I was a teenager.

[/quote]

well the new one would be a little less.. although i'm a sucker for the classics.. just cant go past them. I'm only looking ofr it for a weekend car so comfort is not a major. I have a company car for everyday driving! Ford XR6, still fun to drive but not a stang!
Old 02-26-2005, 12:23 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Classics are ...well....classic 4 sure.

Unless your a collector, and even then, if you buy the classic and drive it much, it will still go down in condition/value, you should test drive an 05. It amazes me just how retro it is, with all the modern advances. Not just comfort, but handling, speed, and fuel milage. Yet, it looks like a custom from the 60's so much more than a post Y2K car.

Best of luck with your choice.
ORIGINAL: Aims66

[/quote]

well the new one would be a little less.. although i'm a sucker for the classics.. just cant go past them. I'm only looking ofr it for a weekend car so comfort is not a major. I have a company car for everyday driving! Ford XR6, still fun to drive but not a stang!

[/quote]
Old 02-26-2005, 05:39 PM
horseshoeing
3rd Gear Member

I like the 66 mustag too. Thats what I got. It is a great toy. You other half will try to steal it from you. We like girl here, so welcome.

Quick Reply: G'day