New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Scared about my first mustang, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:56 PM
TGarvey82

Default Scared about my first mustang, HELP!

Hello everyone,

First off let me say sorry in advance if I seem like a yuppie and what not. Hey you have to start somewhere though. As a child I have always had dreams about cars. My car history is having a 745Li, Hummer (Real one not crappy H2), Corvette 07', and then a few other off topic ones. The last of my dream cars was a pure muscle car. Hence why I come here.

I am needing help with a lot of information. I just started working again so I am not looking to spend a bundle. A Ford car dealership owes me 6k and I am willing to put in 5k down payment. Do not want much more then a 15 loan on it making me have a window of about 25-26k to spend. I am one that usually likes new cars. That being said though I want a very custamizable Mustang. Meaning if the new ones in that range are just not going to be able to take an amazing engine and all that I can get a used one possibly?

I am REALLY found of the new looks though how they have brought back the look of the old. So I do not want to go back too many years if it is a used car. I also am not a fan of convertibles at all.

I do not know ANYTHING about cars either. I really want to start learning about Muscle cars though and where better to start then trying to upgrade one over time? I know I am going to get absolutly flamed on these boards cause I am so new but I truely would like help here.

Also if I am going to put a lot of money into this car should I definatly with out a doubgt get stick instead of automatic? My corvette was stick and I learned it on that. I am still a little timid of it though. I do not want to waste money on a Automatic though if stick is just hands down better in the long run.

Thanks again
Old 10-28-2007, 02:17 PM
nobrakes
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Scared about my first mustang, HELP!

Welcome. Hugs for you.

Last edited by nobrakes; 12-22-2008 at 03:16 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:49 PM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

Really then?

No GT off the lot will fit your price range save stripped to bare minimum plus a killer deal.

I'd say if your looking for a good one, aim for something good like any of the New Edge Cobra's, Mach's, or maybe a Bullit lying around, but the GT's of the New Edge are also good.

Though if your really looking to rod this bad boy stang into something I'd wipe off new mustang and shoot New Edge or Foxbody like mine, they respond affordably to upgrades with some good looks in their own rights.

However if you really can hold your ground I'd get the Stick 06 or 05 GT if they have one have em hunt it down if not and roll off with it, keep in mind, unlike a Vette, Mustangs are affordable to rod out, and not hard to work on in the slightest. Although as a warning your going to have to retune if you do anything to dramatic a difference if you go with the newer stuff.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, recommend you roam around inside the forums and check out other folks rides. Lots of good looking ones here....
Old 10-29-2007, 12:48 AM
TwinScrewCobra

welcome dude! the 05-up gt's are very customizable appearance wise and the terminator (2003-2004) are monsters stock and can be turned into insane beasts with only a few bolt ons. both of those cars will fit your price range.
btw there is also the 03-04 mach 1 to consider $17000-$23000
Old 10-29-2007, 09:41 PM
MustangMan64
2nd Gear Member

If i were you i would get an 05 up GT. You can get some nice used ones in your price range with low miles. They will take upgrades good. And welcome to the site im new here myself. Mach 1s are also very nice cars that are quite fast.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:04 PM
metlcub
2nd Gear Member

The )5+'s you can customoze insainly. If your wanting POWER then a GT is the way to go. The V6's are good cars that you can customize a great deal and still get alot of power out of.

I have Seen V6's beat a stock GT with less the $4k into them. So if your wanting more style then power, a 6 is the way to go. Thats what Im doing with my V6. Going for style in that and power in the GT.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

2003-2004 cobra [sm=closed.gif]
Old 10-31-2007, 12:06 PM
gas_meet_foot
1st Gear Member

See if you can find an 05+ on their used car lot. I picked up my certified pre-owned 06 GT Premium 5M with 18k miles two months ago for $21,500 from the Ford dealer here in Austin.