New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

From turbo imports to american HP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 12:47 AM
urawanabe80

Default From turbo imports to american HP!!!!

sup guys!! my name is tony... i just bought an 83 hatch... there is some stuff done to it... i dont really know lol.... ya see im an import guy, mostly a dsm guy, but i realized i was sittin on ebay lookin for parts for the car, and i realized things were alot easier for me to buy dsm parts cuz i knew whatcrap worked on what crap, im havin some problems with this change of pace lol, im shure ill figure every thing out sometime lol,

ya see i just got done building my 90 talon tsi fwd...(wheel spinnin mo fo) which ran a consistant 12.4 in the 1/4, but i went to an autox race and i drove my ex gf car....(91 crx si, b16 swapped), well i won my class on the first day of ever trying the new sport. i was compleatly hooked at this point! well i wacthed some other cars go around during the time i was not running. the car i thought looked the most fun going around that parking lot track was two fox body mustangs... having that tourque comming outta the turns, sliding sidways... that **** made me smile lol... then my one buddy got a 95 turbo mustang... just hearing that thing run in the gradge was amaizing! so.......... the talon went up for sale! the talon was a VERY fun street car... smoking vettes on the highway, hangin with bikes, but it was a straight line car only, with 24lbs of boost the damn thing went straight when you laid back into coming outta turns. remembering how fun the autox race was i was looking for a car i could do it with. thats when the mustang started looking real good! i could set up the suspension for autox and run it there but still be able to throw some nice tread on the rear and take it to the drag strip with my buddys, cuz going to the dragway is always a fun time :-)... so here i am... an import guy that went bad i guess they would say lol

mainly i found a compleate 88 5.0 donor car... and im lookingto swap the fuel injection onto the mo fo........ my question is how hard is it??? my common sense tells me its not that hard... tell me if im correct or if im missing something i need to do..... or dont need to do...... swap the heads, intake, wireing harness and ecu... correct? i really dont know anything about these beasts... like if my 83 heads are better or if the 88 heads are better, and also i was wondering what rear end should that car have? its a factory 5.0 gt hatch... my one friend said it should have the 3.27/8.8 lsdrear end in it but i figured id ask you fellas... o and it is a 5 speed car... another thing ikinda like the 86 front bumper more than the 83 front bumper... how hard would that be to change out? the body on the car is MINT!!! thats why i bought it... it needs some interior work but thats not hard i can figure that crap out... but sense its so clean of a car if i did swap outstuff like the bumper... or the lights or whatever ill be keeping those parts around i mean jezz the darn thing is a classic here in a few months lol

so ill prolly be on this fourm a whole heck of a lot threw the next year... askin for help or just gainin random knowlage lol my friend that has the turbo mustang recomended this site to me so here i am... my name is tony and i have came to the dark side!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:11 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: From turbo imports to american HP!!!!

Great move, welcome.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Hi Tony,
There's something about American muscle that can't be duplicated.
Welcome and good luck on you stang project!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:22 AM
PolozLX
1st Gear Member

The heads on the 83 & 88 are great.......for boat anchors or door stops. GT40P's can be massaged for a cheap, and make decent power. These can be found on late 90's Explorers. Get the intake also. The front end swap is no problem. Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. Good luck on the project and post up some pictures of the classic (soon to be) Stang.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:04 AM
urawanabe80

thanks for the info !!!
Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 AM
88Mach1
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: urawanabe80

sup guys!! my name is tony... i just bought an 83 hatch... there is some stuff done to it... i dont really know lol.... ya see im an import guy, mostly a dsm guy, but i realized i was sittin on ebay lookin for parts for the car, and i realized things were alot easier for me to buy dsm parts cuz i knew what crap worked on what crap, im havin some problems with this change of pace lol, im shure ill figure every thing out sometime lol,

ya see i just got done building my 90 talon tsi fwd...(wheel spinnin mo fo) which ran a consistant 12.4 in the 1/4, but i went to an autox race and i drove my ex gf car....(91 crx si, b16 swapped), well i won my class on the first day of ever trying the new sport. i was compleatly hooked at this point! well i wacthed some other cars go around during the time i was not running. the car i thought looked the most fun going around that parking lot track was two fox body mustangs... having that tourque comming outta the turns, sliding sidways... that **** made me smile lol... then my one buddy got a 95 turbo mustang... just hearing that thing run in the gradge was amaizing! so.......... the talon went up for sale! the talon was a VERY fun street car... smoking vettes on the highway, hangin with bikes, but it was a straight line car only, with 24lbs of boost the damn thing went straight when you laid back into coming outta turns. remembering how fun the autox race was i was looking for a car i could do it with. thats when the mustang started looking real good! i could set up the suspension for autox and run it there but still be able to throw some nice tread on the rear and take it to the drag strip with my buddys, cuz going to the dragway is always a fun time :-)... so here i am... an import guy that went bad i guess they would say lol

mainly i found a compleate 88 5.0 donor car... and im looking to swap the fuel injection onto the mo fo........ my question is how hard is it??? my common sense tells me its not that hard... tell me if im correct or if im missing something i need to do..... or dont need to do...... swap the heads, intake, wireing harness and ecu... correct? i really dont know anything about these beasts... like if my 83 heads are better or if the 88 heads are better, and also i was wondering what rear end should that car have? its a factory 5.0 gt hatch... my one friend said it should have the 3.27/8.8 lsd rear end in it but i figured id ask you fellas... o and it is a 5 speed car... another thing i kinda like the 86 front bumper more than the 83 front bumper... how hard would that be to change out? the body on the car is MINT!!! thats why i bought it... it needs some interior work but thats not hard i can figure that crap out... but sense its so clean of a car if i did swap out stuff like the bumper... or the lights or whatever ill be keeping those parts around i mean jezz the darn thing is a classic here in a few months lol

so ill prolly be on this fourm a whole heck of a lot threw the next year... askin for help or just gainin random knowlage lol my friend that has the turbo mustang recomended this site to me so here i am... my name is tony and i have came to the dark side!!!
you didn't come to the dark side, you have seen the light

oh, and welcome!!!