New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member....Mustang or GTO???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:03 PM
bolt.com
1st Gear Member

Default New Member....Mustang or GTO???

OK.....so Ive been going back and forth for about a year on where to go when I come around to selling my current ride. I bought my first new car back in 1986.........a 5.0 Capri ( the last year of the 5.0 ) and the thing was a nightmare in terms of reliability. But I hear alot of good things about Ford lately AND I want a V8 again that I can take years to make faster and faster. While my Alti's no slouch, Id have to spray or boost to get into the low 13's. Screw that......Id like to stay NA.
While more intersted in a GTO due to the interior, I have found that the GTO community seems to be comprised of alot of arseholes and part of my reason for looking at Mustangs is that its hard to find a community when you drive an Altima. The Nissan community can be rabid for Sentraand Maxima owners butnot Altima owners.........weird because I can spank most of both save the highly boosted SR20's.
Anyway............my Mustang idea is to get either an '04 GT withlow miles or an '05 or '06 GT with low miles as itfits in the budget. I would consider a Mach 1 for sure but damn they are hard to find my ways...........
Anyway........Im pretty much off the GTO idea since the community seems a bunch of dirtbags..........so here I am.

bolt]

Old 01-16-2008, 01:17 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Member....Mustang or GTO???

ORIGINAL: bolt.com

OK.....so Ive been going back and forth for about a year on where to go when I come around to selling my current ride. I bought my first new car back in 1986.........a 5.0 Capri ( the last year of the 5.0 ) and the thing was a nightmare in terms of reliability. But I hear alot of good things about Ford lately AND I want a V8 again that I can take years to make faster and faster. While my Alti's no slouch, Id have to spray or boost to get into the low 13's. Screw that......Id like to stay NA.
While more intersted in a GTO due to the interior, I have found that the GTO community seems to be comprised of alot of arseholes and part of my reason for looking at Mustangs is that its hard to find a community when you drive an Altima. The Nissan community can be rabid for Sentraand Maxima owners butnot Altima owners.........weird because I can spank most of both save the highly boosted SR20's.
Anyway............my Mustang idea is to get either an '04 GT withlow miles or an '05 or '06 GT with low miles as itfits in the budget. I would consider a Mach 1 for sure but damn they are hard to find my ways...........
Anyway........Im pretty much off the GTO idea since the community seems a bunch of dirtbags..........so here I am.

bolt]
I hear ya, I too was considering the GTO because the LS2 can be made freeekin fast N/A but the community sucks,
The Mustang crowd was awsome, helpfull and friendly. Iwas a GM guy myselfbecause of Ford Qaulity in the past, Butall
I can say isthat the S197 Mustang (2005+) is the Best Car ford ever built, I owned mine since July 2005 and NO real issues to speak of
and mine is a first year Car. I loveit, becauseof it's retro style, I wish it had more HPbut the Most you will get from the 4.6 is
350 RWHPto go over that youwill need a Supercharger or Turbos then watch out for the 500 RWHP limit on theinternals.

There are a few N/A Mustangs in the low 12's and even one in the high 11's no juice all motor. Mine is running 12.8 with 1300.00 in mods
and I have an automatic.

Check out Spyder's Car, he is running 11.9 or better in an Auto with weight reduction and all bolt-ons.

Overall, I am happy Ichosethe Mustang, it's a fun car to drive and own.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Cubs17
3rd Gear Member

You can't beat the mustang crowd...we are the best! Go blue oval Welcome to the board.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
bolt.com
1st Gear Member

Thanx for the responses. High 12's with a little over a grand is all I would ever want bro.....plus it seems there are literally thousands of mods inside and out you could consider doing!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Pnkhead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bolt.com

bolt]

Mustangs are not only good cars but they have a great community, I think thats one of the good things to being an owner. Plus theres so many options for them!

BTW: Welcome! [sm=welcomesign.gif]
Old 01-16-2008, 11:38 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

They are both great ones, but I am partial to the stang!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

R U serious....a stang of course!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:18 AM
bolt.com
1st Gear Member

Yikes.....went back to check the thread I started on LS1Forums. Geez.......here Im trying to introduce myself to a new crowd and potentially go to a meet and these GTO goofballs are making comments about hitting on my 4 year old daughter. Mean spirited FTL and worse......pedophile activity for the gay. I'm really turned off by this...........gonna hang around here. Really.........always been a Ford guy anyway and happened to become interested in GM since the last couple of years Ive caught the NASCAR bug and have become a big #20 guy. Anyway.......fcukk it. According to Consumer Reports, the GTO's have a hideous reliability record........a good 10 black dots on the reliability checks for '04 and '05. Downtime on ride time for the fail.............I hate stealerships. I also want to be able to hang with a community that will respect the ride I have 10....20 years from now, you know? Its real important to me.

Now I just gotta get my wife to embrace the idea that while I do have a nice car now, its just never going to lend itself to connecting with people at meets.......endless opportunities to be creative with your car........etc...........

Was looking at a burgundy 40th Anniversary '04 GT yesterday........$16,900 with only 22K on the clock[sm=exactly.gif]...........but then I think maybe wait for a year and pick up an '05 or '06???

Anyway...................
Old 01-17-2008, 10:40 AM
bolt.com
1st Gear Member

LMAO......check below gentlemen..........my sayonara post to the LS1 Forums..........[/align][/align][/align]"Geez........never figured a GTO Board to be so pompus and arrogant. And the Cunningham Park group appear way too tough for me, plus, trapping a whole 5 mph faster than my 4 door family sedan.
Still.........I thought perhaps maybe people were just being quick to judge.........but then when I see this psuedo-pedophelia stuff going on, suddenly Im thinking maybe the Mustang folks were right all along.

Have fun..........and btw........90 down The Belt? WTF s0ns......I do that backwards for Christsakes. When you do 135 under the shadow of the Verazzanno Bridge drafting an M3, maybe I'll stop yawning!!!!"[/align]
Old 01-17-2008, 01:20 PM
mustangmatt63
3rd Gear Member

Welcome aboard!! You had me laughing so hard reading this I had tears running down my cheek(LOL)By the way you do realize Stewart is now driving a Toyota but so does my boy Dale Jarrett!![sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: New Member....Mustang or GTO???