New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the Forum & GT News

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 04:23 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default New to the Forum & GT News

Hey All! I'm Orion_240 from LA, CA and finally took home a new Mustang GT Premium today! I'd been looking for about a month with my eye on one in Mineral Grey, but due to the overwhelming demand here in So Cal I had to change colors. There are no Mineral Grey GTs to be found! So I went to Galpin Ford in North Hills and they had 4 GTs to choose from. I had to pick one today, as they told me that Ford has had so much demand for the GT that they have run out of parts and aren't making any more GTs in the month of April. They are having to wait for the part supply line to catch up! So I had to be flexible with my color choice. I took the Screaming Yellow GT, Premium, with Auto, the IUP, side air bags, alarm, and the stock 5-spoke Bullit wheels in grey.
I ordered the side stripes (for $250), locking lug nuts, and will get the windows tinted soon. The price? While I didn't have to pay the $3000-$5000 "market adjustment" that other dealers are charging I did manage to get the price over 30 Grand to an out the door price of $31,983 with tax and everything!
I took my new hot rod down Sunset Blvd, round Dead Man's Turn and it feels wonderful! It's still the best deal for that kind of performance.
I'm going to see about getting the side mirrors painted body color and also considering getting the spokes on the wheels painted yellow also. Anyone have any experience with that?
Will add some photos soon! Take it easy!
Old 04-06-2005, 04:25 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New to the Forum & GT News

Oh, I almost forgot! I heard that part of the reason there are so few GT mustangs available is that Saleen is buying them up! Too bad the stock GT still beats the Saleen off the line!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:14 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Hey All! I'm Orion_240 from LA, CA and finally took home a new Mustang GT Premium today! I'd been looking for about a month with my eye on one in Mineral Grey, but due to the overwhelming demand here in So Cal I had to change colors. There are no Mineral Grey GTs to be found! So I went to Galpin Ford in North Hills and they had 4 GTs to choose from. I had to pick one today, as they told me that Ford has had so much demand for the GT that they have run out of parts and aren't making any more GTs in the month of April. They are having to wait for the part supply line to catch up! So I had to be flexible with my color choice. I took the Screaming Yellow GT, Premium, with Auto, the IUP, side air bags, alarm, and the stock 5-spoke Bullit wheels in grey.
I ordered the side stripes (for $250), locking lug nuts, and will get the windows tinted soon. The price? While I didn't have to pay the $3000-$5000 "market adjustment" that other dealers are charging I did manage to get the price over 30 Grand to an out the door price of $31,983 with tax and everything!
I . Anyone have any experience with that?took my new hot rod down Sunset Blvd, round Dead Man's Turn and it feels wonderful! It's still the best deal for that kind of performance.
I'm going to see about getting the side mirrors painted body color and also considering getting the spokes on the wheels painted yellow also
Will add some photos soon! Take it easy!
EH, i dont know how good that would look. But sweet car, post some pics when you get them man, have fun with it!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:27 AM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the new purchase...

Welcome to MF
Old 04-06-2005, 01:50 PM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!!! [sm=welcomesign.gif] congrats on the 05'!!! Enjoy your car and the forums!!