New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

97 GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:01 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

Default 97 GT

Finally got my mustang, sold my old car which was a 1991 Lumina Z34, its sad that it only had 5 less horses then the stang, lol. Oh well, enough about the old, and more about the semi-new, its a 1997 Mustang GT, its bone stock, although it has a strut tower brace, which the guy (original owner) said he never did any mods to it, did some come with them stock? oh well. I bought it for 3k with only 31.8k on the clock (i checked to see if it was correct and it was) I drove it home and its a f**kin' beast, brought it up to about 3k and let the clutch out easy and it completely spun out, sweet. Not use to rear wheel drive coming from front wheel drive, and about 85 more torque at the flywheel. The only problems i've come across is the trunk key doesn't work in the trunk anymore (grease?) and the drive side door seal is leakin a little. I want to do PI Cams and intake, not sure about the head part, might stick to an easier mod the head swap. plus the compression is low enough for a forced air induction if that comes down the road...
May first buy for it, is what i get for any "new" car, a Haynes Manual, its a must for someone new to a car (and company in my case) I use to be a chevy man, lol. Its been sitting for about a year, so all fuilds must go, everything, coolant, oil, trans, diff, brake, power steering, start with a clean slate (idk what the guy did before me). Well Im looking forward to hearing what ppl think of my situation with my newly acquired car.[:-]
Old 05-18-2008, 10:18 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 97 GT

Sweet, welcome to the forums!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:53 AM
MustangFan45
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 97 GT

Welcome!