New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Howdy ya'll!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Cabinetman

Default Howdy ya'll!

I'm a new guy around here and relatively new to Mustangs. I just got a slightly used 07 Redfire GT/CS stick with the comfort group and OEM alarm. Surprisingly my car didn't come with the interior appearance package so I have nice two-tone heated leather seats and a plastic steering wheel. I fixed this problem right away by swapping in a Bullitt steering wheel whichI actually prefer to the GT leather wheel.

The only other mods I've done so farare the previously mention steering wheel as well asa Corsa axle-back exhaust and 3.73 FRPP gears which are being installed today. I've got a shorty antenna, leather shift boot, C&L intake, SCT X-cal 2 with Brenspeed tunes and a new shift **** on order to complete phase one on my mods. Down the road I plan to do some suspension mods and then will probably stop modding my Mustang.

The 07 is the third Mustang I have owned. When I turned 16 my dad bought me a new 1991 GT that I wrecked the day after I got it. The car lasted a couple of months after the first accident damage was repaired before I wrecked it again and my mom told my dad to sell the car. I went 9 years without a Mustang in the garage when my father-in-law gave me a restored 1966 Springtime Yellow convertible as a wedding present. He had built the car for my wife to drive when she turned 16, but she didn't want the car because it had no power steering or a/c. We kept that car for acouple ofyears until some unforseen financial issues forced me to sell the car at my father-in-law's urging. Now I'm back and happy as a clam to have another ponycar.

Last year I bought a Honda S2000 because I have alway been a fan of cars that are built handling as a priority. You see I am more of an F1 guy than Nascar. The Honda was fun, but I found myself wishing for more low-end grunt and cheaper options to make more power. Also, the S2000 can be very tricky to drive fast as the back end can get away from you if you are not very pecise in throttle and brake applications. The S is a wonderful car, just not as much fun for me on the street as the Mustang. If I spent more time on the track I might still have the S, but for now I'm happy with my new toy and don't miss the S a bit.

I plan to enjoy my new car and learn as much about it as possible over the next few months. My ultimate goal is to buy a Porsche 996 in a year or two, but until I have the money for that I think the Mustang will keep me more than happy. I have to admit that I used to be a car snob and couldn't imagine why anyone would want a car in this day and age with a solid rear axle. Now I have seen first hand just how much fun these cars are to drive. The Mustang GT has to be one of the best values in performance cars today.

I'm also into Jeeps and I have a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a 6 speed. The Jeep has the following mods: Rubicon Express 4.5" long arm lift, 35x12.5 BFG mud terrains on 15x8 American Racing teflon coated wheels, Poison Spyder roll cage, Poison Spyder rock rails, Poison Spyder trail corners, Warn bumpers with a rear swing out tire carrier, Warn gas tank skid, Warn steering box skid, Rock Crusher diff covers, Warn 9.5ti winch, Line-X interior and PIAA driving lights. THe Jeep goes in next week for 4.88 gears and new front drive shafts. I also have a ORO off-road sway bar I need install. The last mod I will do will be Poison Spyder flat fenders and then my Jeep will be finished.

Sorry for the long post and lack of pictures. Hopefully this weekend

Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Howdy ya'll!

welcome! and congrats on the new car!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:53 PM
smh
1st Gear Member

welcome and congrats! pics!
Old 06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:50 PM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the Forums. You've owned some nice cars. You're newest pony sounds awesome. Can't wait to see pictures.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 PM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

Welcome!