New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Exercise the Brain!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 04:05 PM
TheCuriousOne

Smile Exercise the Brain!

Hello all!

I'd like to start off and introduce myself. My name is Jeremy, I'm from Indiana. I do not have a Mustang at this point in time, but I do have good news.. I am looking to get one soonish. I recently sold my 2004 Chrysler 300m, and bought a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab. I love the truck, and I am thinking about getting a mustang. The reason I am not jumping to get one right away is because I am a full time college student, I also work full time and I'm upside down on my truck because I traded my 300m in for dirtball and ended up screwing myself.

Now, for the fun part. I would like to purchase a mustang, I like the body style of the 1995s (I'm not sure of the range or generation or body style name), but I like the looks of those. Especially when I originally purchase the car, the color, the luxuries (power windows, etc) doesn't /really/ matter to me. I want to kind of build up a modest mustang. Ideally if I could get one that has maybe some minor cosmetic damage and possibly engine damage (with a good block), get something like that to work on and get to where I want.

Here is the part that I want you guys to have. If possible, I'd like to get your takes on what mustangs you personally enjoy, what mustangs have parts somewhat readily available, etc? Should I go with the V6 models, get a V8 GT, cobra (If I can afford), etc. I'm sorry if I mixed names or did anything like that, I am still learning. I figure what better place to come to than this forum!

My ideal car would be of course a 5 speed, moderately performance based.. don't plan on a full race car, a street car that I drive on special occasions, something to shut up these ricer cars and the other cars that think they are fast. I would like to be able to budget it at first.. if that means buying the car and having engine work done on it while I save up for other things, so be it.. I'm asking around if anyone knows any machinists and/or anyone that can do engine work. I watched a few youtube videos and I love the sound of the SVTs, I love the KB supercharger sound. My uncle has a 200X Saleen Mustang (same looks as the years I'm talking about) and it's amazing.. he also has a ford lightning I got to drive.. I LOVE the sound of it. I don't plan on doing too many cosmetic upgrades really, I'd like a sleeper more or less.

There is a V6 mustang 5 speed for sale for I think 4300 down the road that has sat a while, I'm looking to try to take advantage of the hike in gas prices to score a good car.. don't expect to get good mileage on a car.

Throw out some ideas, anyone in the Indianapolis or Indiana area that has one for sale, give info and pics.. I don't have money for one yet, so I'm not going to say I am looking to buy.. Just any type of information would be great.. Any websites, any forum links.. I plan on reading more now (just got done looking at building an engine thread, great post).

Thanks for the help, I hope to hear from you all!

Jeremy
Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

Personally, I think if you're going to get a Mustang, you should get a V8 GT or Cobra. The 1995 mustang is actually part of the 1994-1998 generation of Mustangs called the sn95's. I have a 94 yellow gt with a manual 5 speed transmission and I absolutely love it. I want to be able to drive the car and feel the torque, so it has to be a V8. Since you are currently driving a large truck, your gas mileage probably won't be any worse. I usually get 12-15mpg doing nothing but commuting around the city with no highway.

Welcome to the forums, however, and don't be afraid to ask around in the appropriate forums for questions about purchasing the new mustang. We'd be glad to help!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:33 PM
mustang_pa
4th Gear Member

Get a 03/04 cobra or the GT500 that will shut the ricers up forever. And if you will be only driving it on special occasions. But our cars need exercise, they are ment to be driven.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:15 PM
ponyandajag
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the site. For my taste get a pre 73 or a new 05+. Welcome to the site.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
TheCuriousOne

Oh I'd drive it often, I just meant it isn't going to be a daily driver (although I'll probably get out and do a lot of driving every day. Keep em coming! Giving me some good ideas. I'll post more in the other sections later, I'm in class right now.. Haha.