New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I've come full circle! Mustang to Honda to Acura back to Mustangs!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:13 PM
mac_24_seven

Default I've come full circle! Mustang to Honda to Acura back to Mustangs!

So I joined this site a long time ago, back when I had a 5.0. It was an 88 GT T-Tops, internally stock 5.0, H pipe, obligatory flowmasters w/dumps at the rear axle, 3:55 gears, K&N filter. One of the most fun cars I've ever had the pleasure of driving.

I was getting married so I bought a 96 Accord for my wife to be. Well, the 5.0 developed bad electrical problems and crapped out on me about 2 months before I was married, so I bought a 96 V6 mustang.

It ended up running hot and ruined the V6 shortly after I bought it. So my dad and I yanked the 5.0 out of my Fox and stuck it in the SN95 and drove it for about 6 months. I hated that car. Ended up selling it and I purchased a 1994 Acura Integra GSR Sedan.

So you know, the intake piping is gone, it's open turbo right now until I find a filter that will fit. Precision SC34 Turbo, .60 A/R.

I pretty much came into my own as a mechanic with that car. Learned all about EFI setups, electrical wiring, suspension, brakes, rebuild, headwork, bodywork, painting, tuning, you name it. I've touched almost every nut and bolt in that car. It's been my baby and my pride and joy for several years. Recently I turbo'd it and I'm lovin it. No dyno #'s yet, but it shoudl be decent for a 4 banger. It made 204hp/145tq flywheel NA, which isn't bad for a 1.8 ltr with all factory parts, albeit pathetic for a 5.0.

All the time though, I wanted another 5.0. Well waiting paid off and I found a decent rolling chassis for $250.00! Unfortunately, after I started typing this I realized I didnt have any pics off hand of it, so they'll be coming soon.

A 351 swap is in the works after I "finish" my integra, which includes getting dyno'd and getting some timeslips. Afterwards, it's back into the domestic world and TORQUE: Something whichout a turbo, a honda doesnt have much of (even with one it lacks).

I also have a Ranger w/a 351 and nitrous thats a father son project. It went 10.2@129 at Pinks all out in Gainesville Fl last April.
here's a couple pics.

It's much cleaner now, but dirt doesn't make it slow.

In cab run of my truck at Pinks!

Video of my truck At Pinks all out doin what it does best... Spanking the competition!!

If you want specs on t3h 351 in the ranger, ask. In short, it's a 70's block, bored 40 over, forged crank, checy piston and rods (thats a neat story, ask for more info) .522 lift cam, edelbrock aluminum heads, full MSD ignition, C6 trans, 4:10 gears, full 4 link suspension and a whoel bunch more stuff. I've got timeslips somewhere, if needed I can show proof of the above statements.

Glad to be back (somewhat right now) in t3h Mustang community! Now I've gotta re-learn all the mustang info that was replaced by Honda info. And don't hate on my lil car too much, it's so much fun to drive and with the turbo it's crazy

I look forward to divin back in my 5.0!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:28 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome back to Mustangforums!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
07q335
4th Gear Member

welcome back
Old 02-09-2009, 05:56 PM
nicknorth11
1st Gear Member

Nice rides.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:53 PM
ponyandajag
4th Gear Member

Welcome back to the forums.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Welcome back.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
99nNJ
2nd Gear Member

Welcome back to the forums! Nice rides
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 AM
mac_24_seven

Thanks. My Teg is definitely the nicest overall but it's been my daily driver for a few years now and I've spent alot of money and alot of time getting it how I wanted it.

Basically, my vision and ultimate goal is to pull the front wheels. I don't care if I ran a 14 sec 1/4, I want to be in a car, launch, and the tires come off the ground. I thought I'd have that with my truck but it just goes, not enough front lift.

I'd like to stay NA, but I've been around nitrous for years and if I need to, I'll spray a lil to get what I want.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:08 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome!!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:20 AM
mac_24_seven

Here's the only pics I have.. not the best but they work. Despite how it looks, the body is EXTREMELY straight, except for the front bumper nad paint chipping off. The only dents are on the driver side door around the handle, and even then they are light.

I'm going to convert to manual windows and just clena up the interior, replace the missing moldings and whatnot.. nothing extravagant. I'll end up with aftermarket buckets in there as well and may change to black carpet (just cause I like black carpet).

I've also decided that I'll throw a lil ricer flair into this stang and shave the engine bay and do a wire tuck. It'll be nice N clean!

Quick Reply: I've come full circle! Mustang to Honda to Acura back to Mustangs!