New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

A Former GM Elitist Seeing The Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Matthew West Coast

Default A Former GM Elitist Seeing The Light

Yes indeed, the title says it all. Which should be the point of The Title at all times, eh? But that there is a humdinger, a straight shot to the heart of the matter of why I'm here, and what this thread is about.

I use to brag about how I'd bleed Chevy orange. I drove my Dad's GMC Sierra, and my Mom's Monte Carlo and I knew I was behind the wheel of a Real Automobile. Yes indeed, steering America's finest everywhere I went. The whole time, mocking the bitter rival, the hated enemy, the truley inferior product made by the Ford Motor Company.

Ah but recently I have decided it is time for my own set of wheels. The bus just doesn't cut it anymore out here far from family on The West Coast. So I thought to do something great. Something powerful. I was to buy the Muscle Car I had wanted my whole life. Long fantacies of rear wheel drive Power. Sleek styling, and straigh foraward movement at incredible speeds, for a reasonable price.

But what was my beloved GM offering me in their current product line that met these standards? Not a damn thing. Not one. The Camaro was too pricey, the Monte carlo was too bulky, the GTO looks like an electric razor, the G* well what the f*ck is a G8 anyway? And the Camaro was too not on the market yet. Ah but just across the aisle what do I see? Yes, what indeed.

I see the 2005 re-design on the Ford Mustang. Good lord. There are few sights like it. Sleek, retro modern, powerful. A low exhaust note that lets you know the score even at a stop light. This was the New Muscle. But there it was plain as day, FORD written in a blue oval. Cringe. Shudder. How could I betray my own Chevy orange blood?

I had to. I came to the only sensible conclusion: GM did not make what I wanted to buy, and Ford did. And Ford was a better company for it. So here I am, humble in my knowledge of all I have said in the past to those driving Fords, hoping to be forgiven for my trespasses, and transgressions.

For now, I am here hoping to learn, explore ideas, and see what's going on. I'm new to this whole muscle car thing, and want Knowledge. I'll be getting closer to the actual purchase of a 2005 Ford Mustang Coupe (or convertible) to cruise Vancouver BC in, later in the year. Until then, well, I'll be here poking around, learning, and heck, maybe asking a dumb question or two. I hope my fondness for old GM's is tolerated! ;-)
Old 03-02-2009, 06:25 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome to Mustangforums!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 PM
ponyandajag
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Obsequious1
5th Gear Member

WELCOME TO MF'S. BUY IT!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:35 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Uhh the new Camaro comes out this month but mmk. And a G8 is a sick 4 door car. But welcome
Old 03-03-2009, 04:37 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Well it is about time!!!! Welcome!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

welcome. bout time you saw the light...
buy it and enjoy the new stang.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:08 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Matthew West Coast

Thanks for the welcome guys. Seems like a decent hang out. And yes, I'd love to BUY IT tomorrow, but the bank account wouldn't just yet!

To clarify for whatshisface, by 'what the f*ck is a G8' I meant it had no name recognition. If someone says to me 'Dodge Charger,' or 'Plymouth Baracuda' or 'Chevrolet Camaro,' I know we are talking about a Bad A$$ car. A G8? Isn't that the world leader summit? I think its a lame name is all.
And yes, thank you for clarifying that the Camaro is not out yet. Like I said and all.

Quick Reply: A Former GM Elitist Seeing The Light