New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Already a Blue Oval Owner, hopefully a Mustang-soon-owner, saying Hi

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Cross_X
1st Gear Member

Default Already a Blue Oval Owner, hopefully a Mustang-soon-owner, saying Hi

After a year of reading the forums, i've finally came to a decision and here goes this message.
A year ago I was looking for a project car for my audio project. At that moment(and also for the 20 years berore that moment), I grew up in Moscow, Russia. Needless to say that Mustang's not a common car in there, and this was also one of the factors for the decision. Unfortunately, due to our customs and customs' laws it was almost impossible to import a decent vehicle( i'd have to pay them about 5$ for each cubic centimeter of the engine, and in case it's not a big sum, they made the bottom line for that to be 48% of the vehicle's value, so you get the idea that importing a 2007 V6 could've cost me at least 20K$).
So that option fell out of the competition due to the above problems. I ended up getting a new european Ford vehicle & based my project on it. I've completed it about two months ago, in some reasonable time ill post a thread in members' drives section, but that has to wait)
That's a preface about my relationship with the Blue Oval. As it all kept going, i was living in Russia, my dreams about a Mustang long forgotten. But nothing ever ends up the way it was planned. In a week after my graduation family matters made me move to the U.S, the place where i used to spend my vacations&study at summer for previous 6 years, so now i'm a fellow NorCal resident(and will continue being one for the upcoming 3-4 years).
And, as it can be understood, the whole Mustang thing is back.=)
A little about myself: My name is Alex, i've recently graduated from Moscow Institute of Electronic Technologies (MIET)with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, and until my moving to the US i worked for almost three years as a language instructor/tutor at Russian State University fof the Humanities(RSUH).Now i'm part-time employed as a Network administrator& consultant at a SF-based financial company. I figured out it can be a good start on a new continent to get a job first and think about the rest in some time.
Now that that time had come, i'm on my way to a Mustang, but i think i'm going to need some counseling & advice on this path.)I will be very grateful to all members who'll waste some time answering my questions(and those could be very stupid, my 1st wife used to say that).
Just to give everybody an idea, i will post two pictures of a Ford i have at home so you can have an idea.
It's a front wheel drive vehicle powered by an inline-5 220hp turbo engine that is hooked up with a 6-gear manual transmission. Thanks to the turbo, the vehicle is very fast(comparing to my Daily driven diesel Land Cruiser), and it keeps me running into all kinds of trouble because of the speeding issues.
Whoosh, that was a long text..)Hope it won't be too boring to read.
And, i also want to say that it's a pleasure for me to be here.

Last edited by Cross_X; 08-11-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome to Mustangforms!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:49 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Welcome to MF! What kind of Mustang are you looking at getting? What questions did you have about Mustangs?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Cross_X
1st Gear Member

Thanks for replying.
I really don't have a lot questions, thanks to a full year of gathering the information on the matter.
My financial limits are rather strict, if not them i'd already be driving a stang.
The thing is that i love to customize vehicles for my personal use(as i already did a lot of times), so i'm not going after a fully loaded car, it better be a stripped-down, i'll change everything that needs to be changed.
For now, i think about spending 14-16K$ for the car itself.
i totally don't know what to buy. I was looking at v8's, but they're all 05-06, so it won't go for me.Next came the idea of a v6, and here's the tricky part: all the vehicles i've found are 07-09 with miles no more that 20000, but they're all priced under 18000.That's a bit too much. My local dealership has a new 2008 v6, that is just the basic coupe model, the msrp was about 20K, but now they've installed a set of wheels, window louvers,etc, so they've priced it around 24.That's insane, considering that it is a 08 base model v6. But i think they will go down on this one. Second thing - I have an offer from another dealership in the area that is 18000 for a 2010 base model v6.
So here comes my problem: i think i still want to go with the v6(after having a diesel daily drive car for years, the power would be just fine for me, i think), but i don't really know which one will be a better idea? a 2010 is a new model, but the 2008 is a lot more customizeable...
this is the dilemma i have.
The reason why i don't want to spend any more money is that all the sum is mine and i don't want to get any kinds of financing or lease or anything else. And i know for sure that the car will be modified in all possible aspects.)
Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

welcome!
Old 09-18-2009, 11:20 AM
sixfrost
1st Gear Member

welcome to the forums!
Old 09-18-2009, 01:27 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Welcome to MF!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:08 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome
Old 09-19-2009, 04:05 PM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

Welcome and good luck in your search!
Old 09-19-2009, 06:04 PM
69FB
4th Gear Member

I'd recommend the 2010 mustang between what you listed. There are already lots of parts available for them, and more everyday. There are a lot of refinements done in the 2010 model as well. Better interior and I believe a little more power. Furthermore the handling has been improved in the stock setup. Which means you could wait for customizing the suspension and do what you want for looks and performance.

I love your ford back home it looks a bit like a Fusion here.

Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: Already a Blue Oval Owner, hopefully a Mustang-soon-owner, saying Hi