New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to domestics from Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:35 AM
NDN GQ
2nd Gear Member

Default New to domestics from Atlanta, GA

Hello everyone, I've been reading around on these forums for the past few weeks now and finally joined now that I have my car. I acquired a 2009 Mustang GT Premium with quite a few options listed here. I was in the market for a 2010 but I just couldnt pass up the 09 cuz of the price and the options the car had. A similarly spec'd 2010 was running me 34OTD this ran me 27OTD.

I'm new to the world of domestics especially RWD V8's. I grew up in Detroit and have wanted a GT since I was 17 and finally got one. My previous car 2008 Audi A3 2.0T was totalled out due to flood damage from the recent rains out here in Atlanta. Unfortunately in the year and 10 days that I owned it I didnt do anything to that car other than a reflash. Prior to that I had a 2003 Corolla that I had put a lot of work into. It had full suspension, TRD supercharger, I/H/E, tune and misc interior upgrades.

I have some plans for the GT but I'm not sure where to start. I'll be searching around the forums so I dont ask too many "n00b" questions and am looking for all the help I can get.

Cheers,
Rish
Old 10-09-2009, 09:32 AM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the site.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Welcome to the forum! What were you thinking slapping a s/c and doing h/e/i on a Corolla?!?! lol Just messing with you. Have fun modding your GT.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:56 AM
NDN GQ
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Welcome to the forum! What were you thinking slapping a s/c and doing h/e/i on a Corolla?!?! lol Just messing with you. Have fun modding your GT.
lol that car was a beast man. I need to figure out where to start with the GT, intake with tune or some springs to lower it.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Originally Posted by NDN GQ
I'm new to the world of domestics especially RWD V8's.
Cheers,
Rish
Welcome to the Dark Side of the Force!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:43 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome to Mustangforums!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by NDN GQ
lol that car was a beast man. I need to figure out where to start with the GT, intake with tune or some springs to lower it.
lol, go to the 2005-2010 section, get bit by the mod bug and then get out your wallet.

Welcome to the forums Rish
Old 10-09-2009, 04:03 PM
reznap
2nd Gear Member

Lowering is a safe place to start, seems every Mustang rolls off the line with the offroad package

Welcome to MF
Old 10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Getting bit by the mod bug isn't difficult either. The first time I sat in my GT, I thought, OMG! I LOVE IT! But there's nothing fun I can do to it!

WRONG! I just ordered a bunch of crap today... sneaking around while my husband is four states away antelope hunting. Bwahahahah.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:17 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by GhostHorse
Getting bit by the mod bug isn't difficult either. The first time I sat in my GT, I thought, OMG! I LOVE IT! But there's nothing fun I can do to it!

WRONG! I just ordered a bunch of crap today... sneaking around while my husband is four states away antelope hunting. Bwahahahah.

I hear ya on that....been modding this car for 3 yrs now....love it and OP welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: New to domestics from Atlanta, GA