New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:44 PM
AceBigalow

Talking I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone.... People call me Ace. I am 39 years old and live in GA

I have had a love affair with Stangs since 1989 and today, 21 years later, I am the proud owner of a 1992 Mustang GT Cobra.

It is the perfect car for me (almost, I wanted a 5-speed, but had to settle for an auto. for now)

It runs and drives and doesn't need anything that I would call major. This will allow me to drive it around while I buy stuff here and there to put on and bring it back to it's original beauty...

It will definitely need a paint job and that will come next spring.... The engine, trans., and rest of the drivetrain all seem pretty solid, so that is a plus.

After an oil change, radiator flush and a good once over tomm., my next step will be to start replacing interior parts as needed and go from there...

The only major interior part that needs replacing is the headliner. Other then that it is just little stuff that isn't very costly.....

I am going to stop rambling for now but I just want to say I am excited to be a part of the forum..... Even though I have loved Mustangs for a long time, I do not have any ownership experience and I will be looking to your expertise as far as finding replacement parts, possible engine mods./tweaks, and other general information like that....

If you have a lot of experience restoring this generation Mustang, then please reply to my thread and if you don't mind the occasional PM then I am sure I will be having some questions as the days and weeks go by..

Don't worry though, I won't nag you with every single thing. I try to be as resourceful as I can myself by searching for the info. because I really learn better that way.

But anyway, like I said, glad to be here and I look forward to talking to some of you in the near future.....
Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 PM
AceBigalow

Here is a quick picture I took this evening.... I am going to take more pictures tomm. during the day so I can have plenty of before and after.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Awesome! Welcome to MF!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Nice bro.. welcome to the forum..
Old 07-29-2010, 06:18 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:22 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:57 AM
GB2010GT

I know all about the waiting dude! congrats and welcome!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:46 AM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the site.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:00 PM
AceBigalow

Thanks for the welcomes everyone..... I guess I need to figure out how to post images because it is different from another forum I use a lot....

I went today and got some synthetic oil for the oil change and some Z-max.

I also got some radiator flush and I am going to do these things tomm.

I hope to sell another vehicle tomm. or Saturday and start buying parts. I plan on looking at e-bay to get some parts but I was wondering what are some other good places you guys use for stuff like headliners, hood latches, door handles, headlights, trim pieces..... Stuff like that...

A guy I know turned me on to AmericanMuscle but that may not be the best place..... I also don't have 2-3 hours to spend each and every night trying to find the cheapest parts and was hoping you guys might help turn me on to some good places.

Again, thanks for the welcomes and I am really excited to start working on this.... I am going to take plenty of before, during and after pictures so I can see where I was when I started and when I finish....

Quick Reply: I finally got one!!!!!!!!!