New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member trying to figure out which 2011 to buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Teggsan

Default New member trying to figure out which 2011 to buy

Going to drive 2011s next weekend. Does the V6 have enough stones to keep me happy? Obviously only I can answer that but interested in hearing from others who have considered both the V6 and the 5.0 and chosen one way or another, if you're willing to share.

Also if there are any dealers who are friendly to forum members I'd be happy to do business with one. I'm in central TX but would travel for the right deal.

Thanks. I've been a Ford truck guy for a long time but have never had a 'stang. I'm thinking this will be awesome.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome.. if you could afford it, the 5.0 hands down..
Old 08-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Teggsan

Yeah, I'd like to save the 10 grand but more importantly I want a car I'll love. I like 'em to go when I use my right foot.

And my wife just got a Prius so our fleet fuel economy should be pretty high.

Maybe I shoudl just ignore the GT until I drive the V6. If it feels fast enough, I can just pretend the GT doesn't exist....

Old 08-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^^sounds like a plan..
Old 08-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

I have a suspicion that you will be posting pictures of your new GT any day now.

The V6 is more than enough car....it kicks butt. My brother and the helpful sales staff talked me into "just sitting" in the GT after my V6 testdrive.

Hey, you're sitting there....why not start it up...?

Go ahead, take it for a spin real quick...then we'll go look at numbers on the V6 order you wanted to place.

Took it for a spin, and there's now a GT in my parking space.

Haven't stopped grinning yet BTW.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:27 PM
floridafordguy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Teggsan
Going to drive 2011s next weekend. Does the V6 have enough stones to keep me happy? Obviously only I can answer that but interested in hearing from others who have considered both the V6 and the 5.0 and chosen one way or another, if you're willing to share.

Also if there are any dealers who are friendly to forum members I'd be happy to do business with one. I'm in central TX but would travel for the right deal.

Thanks. I've been a Ford truck guy for a long time but have never had a 'stang. I'm thinking this will be awesome.
Welcome to MF. Now here's the bad news: Once you decide on a GT (and you will),it gets worse. All you have to figure out is which one...base or Premium, CS or not, Brembos or not (can't have both, thanks Ford). and of course lurking in the weeds, the Boss. Then once you decide on the car, you can start the same process with the mods.

I'm going through this now, this forum will be a big help to you, and I have to admit I'm enjoying the process. It's only making me a little bit crazy(er).

Again, welcome aboard. Enjoy.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Teggsan

Thanks for the input. What's 'CS?'
Old 08-21-2010, 03:27 PM
floridafordguy
2nd Gear Member

California Special (option package Rapid Spec 402A)
Old 08-21-2010, 03:54 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

There's nothing wrong with a 2011 v6 300 hp all the power you need ! Plus the $$ you'll be saving!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:27 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, I think it all depends on your budget. The V6 is alot cheaper and has plenty of power but on the other hand the 5.0 is just sitting there waiting to go!

Quick Reply: New member trying to figure out which 2011 to buy