New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I thought I had a pretty good introduction.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 03:58 PM
PlainOldFastback2892v

Default I thought I had a pretty good introduction.

But I guess not. I check back this evening and it's been deleted. Well, I guess I must have flopped somehow. It was a bit early, but I'll try it without the pictures. I think that might've been the problem. I didn't have time to check if they turned out right... but again, I'm guessing they didn't because it's all gone and gone, heh.

Anyway, how are you all doing? I guess I'll introduce myself instead of the car this time, but it just felt like the car would have more presence than me, haha. I'm Joey. 23 years old. Love my car, but there are things I'm learning to do and just plain can't do. I am moving, so I may have to get rid of it, but I plan on buying a newer model 'stang until I can do the things I want. There'd be no point in saying I'm real knowledgeable about my 1965 Fastback, haha, I used an online VIN decoder and it came out as an A-Code and for the longest time I thought it was. Turns out, it's a C-Code, luckily, a pretty unfriendly guy on craigslist was there to tell me to change it because it was false advertising. I'd have been happy with some more less than courteous information as long as it helped me learn something I couldn't find in my books or research on the internet.

So... will this one be deleted? Or hell, if it is, can I get one of those messages explaining why? I think I wrote that e-mail pretty early and wasn't all there. I know the format was a little off, but delete the links and you still have a perfectly good introduction.

Anyhow, without further ado, I'm a pretty nice guy as long as you are to me. And if I can help, I'll likely help. But I'm wondering if this is an exclusive club like SEMB who bans members based on a little faux pas. Hoping it's not, but there are other forums, so I guess I'll hop on over to all that I can to see if I can get some feedback. And heh, if you're going to delete this one, might as well go ahead and ban me. Because I know whoever did it didn't take any time to look at the links or the car. I somehow got the impression that introducing my car would be appropriate along with myself. Maybe even more appropriate than introducing me. I'd like to think of it as a part of me... but again, there are some things I can't do and when you're on a time table to get everything in order, you might have to sell your baby and find another one down the road. Maybe a K-Code. I'd love that little extra boost of horsepower up to 300. I mean, sure, 200 would be nice. I just want the air to feel a little fresh and the throttle to respond a little better.

And that's all I've got. If I botched it up this time, you might as well ban me because there's no hope. I probably ain't gonna get it right if a little babbling is against the rules (I didn't read that rule...) Well, in any case, it's been nice meeting you (if I meet you). Take it easy.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:04 PM
PlainOldFastback2892v

Oh yeah, I'm a little scatterbrained without sleep. And I didn't really get to sleep, so let me know if I'm off on anything. Put me in my place and all that, Miss and Mister Moderators. This isn't jesting, I can be scatterbrained. I forgot to put the gasket back on my '99 mustang's fuel pump and it was leaking fuel on a slant driveway. As if those rusted bolts weren't hard enough to get off holding it up, haha... so yeah, if I misplaced something, please point it out to me. I could be hanging myself. I just hope I have the leverage to remember what I did and didn't do this morning.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:15 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Sounds like you must have linked to a craig's list ad and that would be a no no. Welcome to MF's and I'm sure you'll find lots of informative forums and some ball breakers too:-) Be sure to read the rules in the stickies at the top of each forum. A true K code will run you some bucks, you might want to consider just up the power on your current mill.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:19 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Welcome! You'll find all kinds here!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:28 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

welcome
Old 09-24-2010, 05:07 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:07 PM
PlainOldFastback2892v

Yep, that might've been it. I was looking to get about fifty pictures on here to show everyone what work it needed done. But I think it was just me being scatterbrained this morning.

But when it comes to hopping forums and finding a whole new bunch of people, haha, I think if I'm accepted in one place I'll just stick with one place. You have to go through all that work and as far as I can tell there's a stock pile of information here. For the other information, I don't necessarily have to register. Free to look, I don't think I have to register.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Back to what I was saying, though. The people are nice enough, I'll just have to keep my facts straight or they'll sock it to me, haha. I've got paper, a pencil and some tape. I've got all the ingredients for a dunce hat, but I'm not looking forward to wearing it. So if I toot my pipes, I'll make sure I'm right about it. I'll take a few minutes here and get all of the pictures in the forum format so you can see where it is now and dig up when it was rolling and running and before it was went to town on with a cutter. Rest assured, it wasn't me with the cutter.

That's true, though. I've seen some auction numbers of them going for $50,000; they may still go for that. I don't know. That was Barret-Jackson. It's listed on their website if you do a search of their auctions.

http://img819.imageshack.us/g/1002010s.jpg/

I think the above link should be the compiled pictures. I was talking about the hurry I was in, I'm moving pretty soon and THAT is the condition it's in. You can see the frame rails a couple of the pictures, the rear-end is a few feet away, so it's all simple except for the welding part. The welder can't be counted on. So, it may have to go as is, or I have to buy a welder and learn how weld well enough to do the job myself, heh. Either way it's a $600+ job... rough estimate, believe me, I'd love to do it for less. Love to do it for less and if I can get it as a roller, I can take it with me. And alternatively, I don't have to get rid of it. But the moving deadline is approaching, so it may be going the sold route. Something I don't want to happen. Originally, after matching the door to the title, it's black on black... and black on black is my favorite combination. It's like parting with a limb.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:59 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome!!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:22 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome

Quick Reply: I thought I had a pretty good introduction.