New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy in Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Kytann

Default New guy in Minnesota

Looking to buy a 2010 or a 2011 Mustang GT.
I love the new body style and interior,
Love the sound of the 2010 4.6 motor with FRPP cams, and love the 2011 5.0 power. So I haven't decided yet.

I really like Torque down low, that's more important to me than horsepower up high. Anyone seen dyno traces of each?

Also, Why can I only view some of the pictures in the for sale section? Seems kinda weird.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:50 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Welcome..........
Old 12-14-2010, 02:05 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:05 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by Kytann

Also, Why can I only view some of the pictures in the for sale section? Seems kinda weird.
Need 50 posts and 30 days activity
Old 12-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF! ..... I'd go with the 5.0!!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Kytann

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Need 50 posts and 30 days activity
Ah thanks. I can see that for posting pictures, but to view pictures? Anyway, I looked for an FAQ that would've answered my question but couldn't find one.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Larry Warcup
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF, Kytann from beautiful British Columbia, Canada!

I'd definitely go with the '11 5.0...what a great car...much better
choice overall, for sure.

Good luck with your choice, whatever that might be

Larry
Old 12-14-2010, 05:32 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the board!

And if you can get the '11 GT, I highly recommend that, the 5.0 Coyote is a really sick engine straight from the factory, and some bolt on mods with a tune, and it becomes insane!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Trekker-1701
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to MF from a fellow Minnesotan here in the Great White North!

I'm probably going to get myself killed for this, but here goes.

I'd go with whichever one makes you happy. There are some really good deals out there on the '10's, and 315hp stock is enough to get anyone in serious trouble. On the other hand, the new engines in the '11's are really sweet, along with their corresponding transmissions. However, there is currently a pretty good price premium on the '11's with the new 5.0 liter motor. They both sound great, IMHO. Personally, I'd probably go with the one you feel gives you the best bang for the buck. If you wait 'till the end of next summer, there will be some pretty good closeout deals on the leftover '11's. If you don't want to wait that long, there may still be some new '10's available out there in new dealer inventory. However, this late in the year the selection will be pretty limited. Enjoy the search!

Whichever way you decide to go, come on back and share some pics of your new 'Stang after you pick it up. We would love to see it. And when you get a second drop by the Minnesota Regional Chapter and say "Hi." We always love to see new Minnesota folks drop by.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Kytann

Originally Posted by Trekker-1701
Welcome to MF from a fellow Minnesotan here in the Great White North!

I'm probably going to get myself killed for this, but here goes.

I'd go with whichever one makes you happy. There are some really good deals out there on the '10's, and 315hp stock is enough to get anyone in serious trouble. On the other hand, the new engines in the '11's are really sweet, along with their corresponding transmissions. However, there is currently a pretty good price premium on the '11's with the new 5.0 liter motor. They both sound great, IMHO. Personally, I'd probably go with the one you feel gives you the best bang for the buck. If you wait 'till the end of next summer, there will be some pretty good closeout deals on the leftover '11's. If you don't want to wait that long, there may still be some new '10's available out there in new dealer inventory. However, this late in the year the selection will be pretty limited. Enjoy the search!

Whichever way you decide to go, come on back and share some pics of your new 'Stang after you pick it up. We would love to see it. And when you get a second drop by the Minnesota Regional Chapter and say "Hi." We always love to see new Minnesota folks drop by.
There certainly is a pretty good price premium on the '11s. Like about $6000 more expensive, that's a tough pill to swallow.

Quick Reply: New guy in Minnesota