New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy in Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:31 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:37 AM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

welcome to the site
Old 12-16-2010, 08:09 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by Trekker-1701
And when you get a second drop by the Minnesota Regional Chapter and say "Hi." We always love to see new Minnesota folks drop by.
Welcome Kytann... Please post up if and when you do get a Mustang over on the MN boards.

Originally Posted by Kytann
There certainly is a pretty good price premium on the '11s. Like about $6000 more expensive, that's a tough pill to swallow.
Well its better to do it know than wait for the 2012 models. The base GT will have a 500 dollars price drop making it under 30K but the premium GT's are suppose to have a 200 dollar price increase according to Ford News

I really like Torque down low, that's more important to me than horsepower up high.
I hate to say it but if all your looking for is comfort and torque that i'd look into the 2011 Dodge Challenger, its comfortable to drive in (maybe a boat sizewise) yet is roomy lol. It has 425 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque compared to the GT which has 412 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque. Now the GT runs faster because it'll lighter but for sheer engine output you can't beat the HEMI.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome..
Old 12-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Kytann

Originally Posted by sonicx
Welcome Kytann... Please post up if and when you do get a Mustang over on the MN boards.

Well its better to do it know than wait for the 2012 models. The base GT will have a 500 dollars price drop making it under 30K but the premium GT's are suppose to have a 200 dollar price increase according to Ford News

I hate to say it but if all your looking for is comfort and torque that i'd look into the 2011 Dodge Challenger, its comfortable to drive in (maybe a boat sizewise) yet is roomy lol. It has 425 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque compared to the GT which has 412 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque. Now the GT runs faster because it'll lighter but for sheer engine output you can't beat the HEMI.
Thanks for the honest suggestion. It's good to see that!

The Challenger is second on my list of likes, and the dealership near me has several of the R/T manuals in the 30k range right now. Pretty tempting.

However every time I drive it, the interior feels less special. Except the seats, I like the challenger seats better.
And it feels too big. Like luxury car big. Just doesn't float my boat as much.

The sound of the Mustang is better than the Hemi, to my ears.

And then I like the looks of the mustang better. Go figure, most people don't like the new 2010 look, I love it, it's way better than the 05-09's. And the challenger just looks big, slab sided, and boring. Wait, did I say big, it looks huge!

And the final negative against the challenger, I have a really small garage to put them in. The Mustang is the same size as my old Lexus GS430. Which barely fit into the garage. The Challenger is larger than the GS, and I doubt it'll fit, lengthwise, in my 1942 garage. And building a new garage is just out of the price range.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the subject and why I'm looking at the Mustangs over the Challengers.

And the Camaro, I just didn't like driving it. Blah interior, horrible clutch, horrible shifter. And too large.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:56 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Thanks for the honest suggestion. It's good to see that!

The Challenger is second on my list of likes, and the dealership near me has several of the R/T manuals in the 30k range right now. Pretty tempting.

However every time I drive it, the interior feels less special. Except the seats, I like the challenger seats better.
And it feels too big. Like luxury car big. Just doesn't float my boat as much.

The sound of the Mustang is better than the Hemi, to my ears.

And then I like the looks of the mustang better. Go figure, most people don't like the new 2010 look, I love it, it's way better than the 05-09's. And the challenger just looks big, slab sided, and boring. Wait, did I say big, it looks huge!

And the final negative against the challenger, I have a really small garage to put them in. The Mustang is the same size as my old Lexus GS430. Which barely fit into the garage. The Challenger is larger than the GS, and I doubt it'll fit, lengthwise, in my 1942 garage. And building a new garage is just out of the price range.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the subject and why I'm looking at the Mustangs over the Challengers.

And the Camaro, I just didn't like driving it. Blah interior, horrible clutch, horrible shifter. And too large.

No, I agree, but with what your opening post stated that you were after torque there is no current muscle car who has more torque than the challenger although the Mustang is and will be imo the most complete muscle oughta the three companies. Good luck with your decision, and i hope it's a mustang
Old 12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome