New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New 2010 GT from snowy Lithuania

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 04:55 AM
Martynas
1st Gear Member

Smile New 2010 GT from snowy Lithuania

Pictures of my car is here

Welkam Everybody Greetings from Europe!

My 2010 Mustang GT Convertible just arrived. When i registered it few days before Chrismtas it was still first in EU. I have faced some registration problems, as in EU database, there was no other vehicle, so they had to translate and add all details like kW, total and net weight, seat numbers and so on to registration documents and database. Now we have about 3-4feet of snow outside on the road. -13'F. Evem OEM Pirelli's which are supposed to be multi'season tires, are freezeng here. Pitty, nowhere to test how it flies i will wait for a little melt down outside.

More pictures of my car are here http://automanas.lt/matinis-mustangas/

Some pictures of the process and video is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O012DuthXFU

Last edited by Martynas; 01-05-2011 at 01:34 AM. Reason: added picture
Old 12-30-2010, 05:42 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

I bet your gonna be a serious G with that ride up in Lithuania! Gonna get girls like crazy man, good luck.

The OEM rim's look GOOD flat black, might want to get your headlight's tinted or protected to match the dark look of your ride.

If you need suggestions for Mods, were always here.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:20 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Welcome to MF's, that car will be a looker for sure over there.....Congrats on the new ride!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Martynas
1st Gear Member

after visiting this forum, i have installed following gears.

For the exhaust i went for Borla. Several reasons for that. Borla was the main product which had so many positive replies here in the forum and on youtube video comments. Also it had a clear presentation of three different types of exhaust examined with differences. I put Borla Atak. On their site it is stated as legal. But in Europe i did not pass the inspection. It goes way beyond required 94dB sound for passenger cars. I think it was something like 104, so i had to pass inspection with OEM tubes. Sound is amazing on free rpm it sounds like an old boat. I have driven 100miles, it becomes little annoying to go all time with a deep bass sound for an hour or more. But sound and people attention pays that off.

Second thing i had to adopt was European light system. I installed a LED Daytime running lights which are required during daytime for all cars in Europe. Secondly i rearranged rear lights to have amber side blinkers for inspection and went back to synchro after inspection.

Also i put parking system for front and back because it is very unusual for me the size of car and difficult to see front end with long hood and spoiler. Other stuff i installed: Gsm pager alarm system, Waeco seat heaters (it wasnt installed in my vehicle, a must here with -15'F outside), rubber floor mats. Wrapped it in black. Painted matt black original 19" wheels.

Still waiting in the garage to be put on: KMC Rockstar 20" wheels, all four black side markers, tinting a little front lights, Dinitrol anticorosive undercarriage coating, MGP calliper covers maybe, smoothline hardtop.

it was amazing, that i could find so many solutions and advices here online
Old 12-30-2010, 07:18 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

welcome
Old 12-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Larry Warcup
3rd Gear Member

Welcome Martynas to MF, from beautiful British Columbia, Canada!

Great lookin' finish on that car....looks 'menacing'....very cool

Get some more pics of that '10 GT to us; when the weather clears up in 'snowy Lithuania'...

Larry
Old 12-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Mixednuts
2nd Gear Member

Welcome - nice ride!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Trekker-1701
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to MF from the Great White North of Minnesota, USA!

Very mean looking GT! Congratulations on your new ride! I'm sure you get a lot of looks driving around in that in your part of the world! When things warm up you will have to go out and hunt a few Beamers! Have fun!

Quick Reply: New 2010 GT from snowy Lithuania