New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Cobra on the site!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:40 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I just noticed that you are in Texas, but you have smog and emissions control deletes. How do you get your car to pass inspection and the sniff test? Or is you car a track only?

None the less, I must say that swapping in a later year block into an older chassis can be quite a daunting job. I believe that is actually impressive
Old 07-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Texastboneking

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I just noticed that you are in Texas, but you have smog and emissions control deletes. How do you get your car to pass inspection and the sniff test? Or is you car a track only?

None the less, I must say that swapping in a later year block into an older chassis can be quite a daunting job. I believe that is actually impressive
Thank you very much! i forgot to mention in my original post that i am a ford technition so i have access to tools and a shop and on anything 96 and newer you dont get the sniffer check. as long as the cars computer says its running right. it will pass emitions. a good tune allows you to delete the emissions stuff off as long as your tuner knows what he is doing.

also if your from tx you should come to eat barbeque on the 22nd with us. i made a thread about it called texas roundup
Old 07-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Texastboneking

Originally Posted by JIM5.0

Thank you very much! i forgot to mention in my original post that i am a ford technician so i have access to tools and a shop and on anything 96 and newer you dont get the sniffer check. as long as the cars computer says its running right. it will pass emissions. a good tune allows you to delete the emissions stuff off as long as your tuner knows what he is doing.

also if your from tx you should come to eat barbeque on the 22nd with us. i made a thread about it called texas roundup