New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Cervini's Shelby GT500: Introducing my ride to the forums!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 07:53 PM
TheDayday

Default Cervini's Shelby GT500: Introducing my ride to the forums!!!

Ahhh, back home at last from after some mountain climbing! I had meant to post these earlier, wanted to introduce my ride to the forums. I'm new here but I'm not new to Mustangs. I've always wanted one since high school. My first car 5 years ago was a 2008 V6. One month later I lost a TON of money by trading it in for a 2008 Bullitt. 5 years later, I upgraded again and got this 2009 Shelby GT500. As I've gotten older and gotten interested in other hobbies, this is probably going to be my last and final upgrade. This is the car I'll probably pass down to my kids.

The highlights are the custom Bassani headers, X-Pipes, Jon Lund Tune, and Cervini's Side Exhaust System. The custom Bassani headers, X-Pipes, and tune were done at Sansone Ford in Ocean, NJ. When it was sent to Cervini's in Vineland, NJ they did additional custom work to keep the exhaust note that Sansone Ford had created. If anyone is interested in outfitting their Shelby GT500 with Cervini's side exhaust, please don't use my video as reference as it has had a lot of additional custom work done so you're not going to get the same note.

I've found that Cervini's side exhausts are usually a love 'em or hate 'em relationship with Mustang owners. Personally for me, I fall in the camp of "love 'em." Cervini's shop does stellar work and their kit is in my opinion the most factory-looking body kit out of all body kits for any car. I know a lot of people will disagree, but I don't think it's too over the top, while still being very unique at the same time.

The exhaust's growl is simply amazing. The start up is a trip, I've never heard anything like it. I'm not just saying that because it's my car. It is one of those things that has to be seen/heard to be believed, the video doesn't do it justice. I've only driven it 4 times this year and one of those 4 times was through Times Square in NYC. Such a blast to drive! I felt like a super star with so many people pulling out their cell phones to take pictures.

Here are some pics and a video I took a few weekends ago to share. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfxt...1&feature=plcp

Old 01-22-2012, 09:07 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Rockriders30
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, nice car!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:26 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 PM
TheDayday

Thanks guys! Glad to be here! I've owned Mustangs for 5 and half years now. I have no idea why I've never been active in the community. One of my co-workers bought a Camaro last year and he's a member at one of their major sites. It seems like he's had more fun hanging out with forum members and going on shows and rides in the last 6 months than all the years I've owned my muscle car. Just figured maybe it was time for me to join in on the fun.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:27 AM
trexflyer
1st Gear Member

Beautiful car. I'm jealous.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

What part of NY are you from? I got the full Cervini kit with side exhaust aswell, it sounds great!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 AM
NyghtSpydr

Wow...I just got "excited" seeing your car...that is an amazing car!! I can only WISH that my car looked and sounded as good as yours!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:15 PM
jeh4269
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.Very nice car btw.

Quick Reply: Cervini's Shelby GT500: Introducing my ride to the forums!!!