New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2005 Mustang Roush Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 05:10 AM
adilmustang

Default 2005 Mustang Roush Supercharged

Hi all,

I joined the forum not too long ago when I realised how little I actually know about my Mustang.

The opportunity to own the car came up earlier this year - and I couldn't resist ticking a box off my bucket list - V8 Supercharged!!!! American muscle at its best, and boy it didn't disappoint! The cars history is overflowing with upgrades, but the end result is an awesome machine.

So I bit the bullet, and the car is mine as of last week

I would like to find out more about the history of the car, especially since the upgrades were all carried out by the previous owner.

Spec is:

Ford Mustang GT 4.6 V8 MT with Roush Supercharger. Upgraded cams and Magna SS exhaust system & ECU remap, 20 inch Shelby alloy wheels, suspension - lowering kit, upgraded roll bars (front and rear) - and various exterior enhancements.

Pics:

Videos:

Engine:

Testing it out in an empty car park

Any information about the upgrades would also be appreciated - most of all about the superchargers spec, as I really have popped my cherry with owning my first american car and have no idea about them - ie the stage of the upgrade, or what supercharger this is, and what kind of HP is expected from it.

Finally - the car does misfire slightly which I will need to have checked out - all the coil packs were changed not too long ago, so will need to investigate.

Looking forward to being part of club 'Stang

Adil

Last edited by adilmustang; 10-17-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:13 AM
adilmustang

Any information about the upgrades would also be appreciated - most of all about the superchargers spec, as I really have popped my cherry with owning my first american car and have no idea about them - ie the stage of the upgrade, or what supercharger this is, and what kind of HP is expected from it.

Finally - the car does misfire slightly which I will need to have checked out - all the coil packs were changed not too long ago, so will need to investigate.

Adil
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 AM
adilmustang

Adil
Old 10-15-2012, 05:18 AM
adilmustang

Whoops - made a few mistakes in my posts...

Could someone delete the second post?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome to MF. Very nice ride.
Supercharger info:
It's the Roush M90 SC (1.9 liter)
It was put on the Stage 3 Roush. I'm sure you've seen them before in your year model. They say 427R on them and that is the approximate HP you can expect.

You may want to check the plugs and see if that help with the engine suspect misfire. I would also search the tech section and see what you can find out.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited by Sleeper_GT; 10-15-2012 at 06:03 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-15-2012, 06:20 AM
adilmustang

Hi Sleeper GT,

Thank you for the comments and knowledge - I thought it may be more powerful, but 400-odd HP is not bad at all. Still scares me!

Plugs are an option, and not too hard to change - Ill give it a go and see what happens. Any recommendations on what plugs to use? Im in the UK, so may be some differences in what is available. If normal/platinum/iridium yield better results with the SC, please do share.

Also - the colour scheme on yours is very intimidating - looks awesome!

Best

adil
Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by adilmustang
Hi Sleeper GT,

Thank you for the comments and knowledge - I thought it may be more powerful, but 400-odd HP is not bad at all. Still scares me!

Plugs are an option, and not too hard to change - Ill give it a go and see what happens. Any recommendations on what plugs to use? Im in the UK, so may be some differences in what is available. If normal/platinum/iridium yield better results with the SC, please do share.

Also - the colour scheme on yours is very intimidating - looks awesome!

Best

adil
You know I just re-read some of your post. You have cams as well. I don't know much about them, but I would think they may put you in the mid to high 400's.
Plugs:
With a Supercharger you have to use "colder" plugs. Link to explanation:
http://www.roushperformance.com/part...2005-2007.html

Thanks for the compliments. You should see the stripes in person. They are custom painted Candy Apple Red with metallic flake. In direct sunlight the change from red to a copper color. It's pretty cool.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, I love seeing American muscle cars across the pond. I imagine it gets quite a bit of attention.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 AM
rangerfx405
2nd Gear Member

Welcome
Old 10-15-2012, 07:57 AM
TommyB681
2nd Gear Member

welcome from across the pond. very nice looking ride!

Quick Reply: 2005 Mustang Roush Supercharged