New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2001 Mustang GT 4.6 2v engine rattle noise under 2k rpms

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 10:19 PM
Thestrohmman

Default 2001 Mustang GT 4.6 2v engine rattle noise under 2k rpms

I just picked up a 01 gt im hearing a rattle noise when im in car with the windows down pretty much whenever im under 2k rpms mostly at idle its best heard by the front wheel wells or Behind the front tires it aslo can be heard in the front of car if u step back a bit not very noticeable when standing over engine it has about 90k on it and a auto trans im been losing sleep over it ive seen a few forums that were pretty spot on but nothing that really helped does anyone know of this sound any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-27-2016, 06:28 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

If this rattle occurs while car is idling, then I'd think the best way to find it is just start digging around for it. Looking for loose panels, brackets, exhaust, etc. It's hard for us to help when we're not there to hear it.

Last edited by 88 orangepeel notch; 10-31-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:09 PM
Thestrohmman

Yea i took my stethoscope and was able pin point the noise coming from my bell housing i have an automatic by the way i wanna get a good idea of whats happening before i pull the trans