New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Bring it back from the dead

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 12:02 AM
Randywiggiins593

Cool Bring it back from the dead

I recently acquired this 2004 Mustang GT (40th Anniversary Edition). It sits dead in my yard. I know that it needs a new head on the driver's side, an alternator, serpentine belt and a few other things.
I know the motor is not seized because I can roll it over with my hand by grabbing the harmonic balance. However, when I put a battery in it, the lights work, power windows work, power seats work. The wipers don't, the A/C blower does not work and the instrument panel doesn't work. Furthermore, when you turn the key to start it, nothing happens.
Need advice on bringing this beauty back to life.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:19 AM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

water damage (?)
Old 10-06-2017, 12:34 AM
Randywiggiins593

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
water damage (?)
possible, but I don't believe so. My brother gave me the car. I had it towed home. I noticed the radio missing, I believe a diode may be missing in the power distribution box under the hood. The alternator is gone. I think there may be a disruption of continuity of electricity, but finding the exact source is proving tricky.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

How did your brother acquire the car? Does your brother have any insight or knowledge or where the car came from or what went wrong with it?
Old 10-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Randywiggiins593

Originally Posted by Derf00
How did your brother acquire the car? Does your brother have any insight or knowledge or where the car came from or what went wrong with it?
he received it as part of payment for some work he did. It was running then but needed head work. He started with the head work but was deployed. Tge radio and alternator came up missing in his absence.